my girlfriend and my daugher

robkris8079

My intentions were not to imply your daughter was sassy. Bad choice in words. What I was trying to get across was, you are doing all the right things!!!

ahmad nassem

there is no problem ,I have three girls and this is normal ,your child is possive of you and this is normal since there is no mom , this is why when she is with your GF alone they get along well ,but with you in the picture things change , your girlfirend must earn her trust and love and this needs time and hard work , as for talking to your 3yr old ..that is silly and usless.:)

there is no problem ,I have three girls and this is normal ,your child is possive of you and this is normal since there is no mom , this is why when she is with your GF alone they get along well ,but with you in the picture things change , your girlfirend must earn her trust and love and this needs time and hard work , as for talking to your 3yr old ..that is silly and usless.:)

I do think that it is important to talk to your 3 year old. Keep it simple, at the level of a three year old. She won't understand much yet, but it gets you in the habit of treating your daughter with respect and communicating with her. You'll be suprised at how much she grows (on the inside) in just a few years. My oldest boy is almost 5. I try to keep it simple when I explain things to him, but sometimes forget and talk a little over his head. Most times he doesn't get it, but when he does, it is really amazing.

I do agree that your girlfriend has to earn your daughter's trust and this will take time. I understand that you want your child to respect her elders and this is fine. However, children are very vulnerable and should be allowed to decide who they do and don't trust. Children's instincts are very good, and with time the trust will grow.

I'm assuming that you and your girlfriend might get married at some point. Is this correct?

• Author
robkris8079

I too think it's important to talk to children. Kylar was all I had to talk to for awhile after her mom split.

My daughter trusts my girlfriend. I can tell this because if something scares Kylar or she gets injured she will run to her if she is closer then me. Sometimes instead of me. When they are playing Kylar could care less if I was around or not. So I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any trust issues with her.

I do let Kylar decide who she trust's and likes. A few times Kylar said she doesn't like Alana (doesn't say it often). I tell her "you don't have to like Alana, you can like whoever you want. But you can't be fesh to her".

As far a marriage goes it is a possibility. I loved being married. Even though my marriage was horrible. The feeling of knowing I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this person is very comforting to me. Well in my case it wasn't forever but you know what I mean.

We are both young. I'm 27 and she is 21. She is still studying at college and marriage is far from both of our minds. I think that's actaully one of the qualities I like about her. She is the first women I ever met that wasn't yelling the M word! She has things to do before marriage and I have things I need to do before I do that again.