My Stupidity !!!

JustInKase

SpikeyChick

I'll let him know that I've decided "we" are worth holding onto. I'll compliment him like crazy. I'll apologize for my abscence, but let him know that it was necessary.

Firstly it is not your call to decide that "we " are worth holding onto or not. You are kind of presumptuous thinking that it is YOUR decision after what you did..

Secondly - in the the rest of your last post you say that you have learned your lesson about lying and playing mindgames BUT all thoughout the post you are telling us about how you are going to manipulate your way out of the mess that you created.

You do have a credibility problem and i suspect that your B/f thinks so too.

Why not just confess the whole sorry saga to him and hope for his mercy.

Ok, guys and gals. I went out an bought a pre-paid cell phone. This is going to be my "new" number that I lied about. I haven't called him yet. I'm still in planning mode. When I call him, he will be pissed that he hasn't heard from me in 3 weeks. I've got an answer for that. I am going to tell him that after our last talk, I became a little hurt over some of the things he said (this is the truth). I'm going to tell him that I needed some time to think about the relationship. I'll let him know that I've decided "we" are worth holding onto. I'll compliment him like crazy. I'll apologize for my abscence, but let him know that it was necessary.

If he asked me about the boyfriend, I am going to tell him that the "b/f" in the text message was a typo. I'll laugh and make it sound silly. I'll remind him that there is no way I would have any boyfriend (this is the truth). I'll tell him that he is the only man for me.

If he asks me why I changed my phone number, I will tell him that I lost my phone. I'll say that I got the pre-paid phone as a temporary fix until I either find my phone, or buy another one. This way, I can wait a few days and then suddendly "find my phone". I'll then get rid of the pre-paid phone and things will be back to normal. Whew.

How did I get myself into such a jam? Warning to everyone: never try to trick or play your SO. This crap isn't worth it. If you get mad at your lover, then come here and vent on LS. But DO NOT tell your lover that you "changed your phone, address, identity. etc" There is no cheap way of fixing lies like these.

Why wait 2 weeks to contact him again? This is plenty of time for him to get over you.

Why all the games? And I don't think he was into you as much as you think he was?

I know you said you hate drama, but sounds to me as if you are in a very drama-filled relationship.

I don't know how old you are, but when I was in my early twenties, I sometimes did stupid childish things as well, and guess what? They got me NOWHERE - well, I did manage to make myself quite miserable, but nothing else positive came out of it. I did, however, learn a lot from that and stopped the immature behavior.

The point of a relationship is to enhance your happiness with a true partner where there is compromise so you can both be happy - not to cause drama and have fights and be controlling of one another. If you have to make up lies to try to cover up the maneuvers, sounds like the two of you don't have a very good foundation of trust and communication.

Not trying to be mean, I just have too many friends who have similar dramatic situations, and they just seem miserable! They are in their thirties and they STILL continue to play games. It is ridiculous, and I don't see how people can live like that.

Are you even happy with this guy?? I agree with others on this post - move on, and in your next relationship, try to learn from your past and don't be so dramatic. Sounds like you could potentially be happier with someone else, anyways.

dreamergrl

So now you're going to use your pre paid phone with him, and if he sticks around your stuck reloading this pre paid phone, and your normal phone all to keep up the first lie? Wow.

I'd return the phone. Fess up. Have a good mature sit down and find out what can be done, if anything, to have a good healthy relationship.

You came here for advice yet you didn't take it. Everybody syggested to be honest. That is what you should do. First, you'll feel better about yourself. Isn't that worth the humiliation of fessing up. Second, your turning it into an even bigger lie. Not good. While you've stated some good advice to other's ie, don't trick or play games with your SO, you continue to do so with yours. Your disappearing act is probably not being taken too well buy your guy, we hate the disappearing act as much as women. You should do the right thing and be honest.

SpikeyChick
You came here for advice yet you didn't take it. Everybody syggested to be honest. That is what you should do. First, you'll feel better about yourself. Isn't that worth the humiliation of fessing up. Second, your turning it into an even bigger lie. Not good. While you've stated some good advice to other's ie, don't trick or play games with your SO, you continue to do so with yours. Your disappearing act is probably not being taken too well buy your guy, we hate the disappearing act as much as women. You should do the right thing and be honest.

Well said Sid, however I doubt that she will do this - it is just not her "style"..