ugh. I'm an "internet girlfriend".

I was sort of in a similar situation. Get out now. If he won't fight for you, he's not worth being with.

It's a fantasy thing for him, see? Just because he's not sleeping with you doesn't make him a sterling fellow who respects your relationship. It makes him a weak male who can't hold any type of intimate relationship properly. When things get bad, he runs to you for an instant fix, instead of working on his current relationship properly. This suggests long-term intimacy issues and emotional immaturity. These types of guys are shallow thinkers - they don't think long-term and don't see the big picture.

Trust me, you will do your head in if you keep in contact with him. Stop contact, see other men, but do not hold out for him. If he breaks up with her down the track and contacts you, see how you feel then.

I thought I could see other men and still keep in contact with my ex (or whatever he was) but I was fooling myself. As long as they are in the picture they will be top of mind.

It is really hard, and you will feel really upset, but I guarantee it, it is will worth it in the long run.

Here is a hypothetical question ; If he were too get rid of the girlfriend, and make an attempt and doing things over the honest way with you, would you give him a chance?