Cause for concern?

lovestruck818

xpaperxcutx
ughhh yeah but some people just go on to look...

right?

lol

please tell me they do

(this wine is delicious by the way)

To look for a date.... dating site, remember?

I can't tell you that he's only on there to look, and you should stop lying to yourself about it. The only way you'll know is by confronting him on it.

• Author
lovestruck818
And you're not worried?

I dunno...not sure why. For starters he literally lives down the street so I can just walk to his house if I wanted to and he knows I would if I had any suspicions...lol

He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would just want a hook-up buddy...as opposed to a relationship...then again, I could be wrong. He made me his gf after 6 days so if he was just really into a hook up, we would not be speaking right now b/c I would have kicked his ass to the curb shortly after.

It's gf or nothing...I don't waste my time otherwise...b/c I don't do the whole "hook-up thing".

• Author
lovestruck818
To look for a date.... dating site, remember?

I can't tell you that he's only on there to look, and you should stop lying to yourself about it. The only way you'll know is by confronting him on it.

My friend who found him on match has a bf btw...so i'm not sure what she was doing on there either...but thank god for whatever she was doing I guess.

Erm. I'm single right now. Have been for a while. I DID have profiles on a couple of dating sites. I don't at the moment. The reason I don't is because I'm not interested in dating. It makes perfect sense to me that you'd only have an updated profile on a dating site if you were wanting to date. Not really rocket science. :-\

• Author
lovestruck818
Erm. I'm single right now. Have been for a while. I DID have profiles on a couple of dating sites. I don't at the moment. The reason I don't is because I'm not interested in dating. It makes perfect sense to me that you'd only have an updated profile on a dating site if you were wanting to date. Not really rocket science. :-\

It didn't say his profile was updated, it just said he was on it within the last 2 weeks. And yes, your pt makes sense...but then how do you justify my friend? I am sure a lot of people on that site are in relationships and are just browsing...yet my friend called this to my attention and she is doing the same exact thing.

I don't understand anyone anymore.

Well, I can't justify your friend, cuz like you - I don't understand why people would be on there if they aren't into dating. Updated/accessed it's still meaning he used the site within the last two weeks. Sorry but maybe it's just me. But it seems odd to keep a profile on a dating site when you're with someone.

• Author
lovestruck818

Furthermore, some people- mainly girls but prob guys too- are, as they are commonly known, "attention wh*res" and are obsessed with putting pictures online and having people tell them they are hot...regardless of whether or not they are single- there are crazy people like this!

My boyf is def. not one of those people...but I am just exercising all possible scenarios- good & bad- justifying why he could be both right & wrong.

I am really really trying to avoid a confrontation b/c I hate it and I hate drama. The relationship is going well now- why ruin it over something that could potentially be blown out of proportion for no reason?

I almost feel like sometimes not knowing is the best answer but then it is going to bother me b/c I'd want to know...but then if I do know, I'd have to prepare myself for the worst case scenario...and in that case, it would have been better to have not known.

Blahhh...It was so easy when I only had myself to worry about...but I really enjoy being with him.

• Author
lovestruck818
Well, I can't justify your friend, cuz like you - I don't understand why people would be on there if they aren't into dating. Updated/accessed it's still meaning he used the site within the last two weeks. Sorry but maybe it's just me. But it seems odd to keep a profile on a dating site when you're with someone.

I don't disagree but it's more common than you think...

I see where you're coming from. I'm a nosey sod though, I'd have to ask him straight out. It would bug me to all hell and back again. I'd have to deal with the consequences later :)

xpaperxcutx
Furthermore, some people- mainly girls but prob guys too- are, as they are commonly known, "attention wh*res" and are obsessed with putting pictures online and having people tell them they are hot...regardless of whether or not they are single- there are crazy people like this!

My boyf is def. not one of those people...but I am just exercising all possible scenarios- good & bad- justifying why he could be both right & wrong.

I am really really trying to avoid a confrontation b/c I hate it and I hate drama. The relationship is going well now- why ruin it over something that could potentially be blown out of proportion for no reason?

I almost feel like sometimes not knowing is the best answer but then it is going to bother me b/c I'd want to know...but then if I do know, I'd have to prepare myself for the worst case scenario...and in that case, it would have been better to have not known.

Blahhh...It was so easy when I only had myself to worry about...but I really enjoy being with him.

By posting on here in the first place is enough to tell me that you are in fact worried. And you have every right to be. You have every right to know what he's doing on the site, because you're in a relationship with him. That automatically gives you the right to confront him. Besides if you don't ask him, you'll always be wondering why he was still on the site in the first place and you'll never be able to trust him. Better to have a confrontation now than later on when you'll be too invested.

A couple of my girlfriends and I were on Match last year. One of my friends met a guy on there and they hit it off. She thought they were in a relationship. He emailed me on match. He didn't know we were friends. She asked him about it and he said he wasn't really ready for a relationship and wanted to see other people. I felt really bad but I'm glad it she found out sooner than later. Usually, match subscriptions are 1 month, 3 months etc. You can't read the emails unless you are a member. I took my profile down when I met my current boyfriend. I haven't looked at it since last Sept. I think you should ask him. Then you will know.