why cant i just be normal!

• Author

thanks i know i'm gonna be fine, and i know 99% of us on here are gonna be fine but its people like you who makes it that little bit easier :D thanks a million

Food4Thought

Hey, man. Nice work! A little freak out time and a mistake or two is sometimes the right thing to get you back to your senses....been there...a few times.

You seem to have come to the truest, most honest solution....to want her love for her love. And you seem willing to allow that to evolve with time. Brilliant! You've clearly taken a big step forward in moving on :)

Grats!

• Author

i wish i woke up the positive person i was last night. but no, i wish my heart was the same as my brain coz then id be fine.. think i might go back to the anti depressants, this is just way harder than it should be and im losing way too much weight again.

:confused: please don't take anti depressants!! all they will do is mask the problem, and not allow you to deal with it properly. can you develop some other kind of coping skill? you mentioned charity work before...that's a brilliant idea. or going for a run, joining a drama group, taking up photography...anything that will give you a new focus. yesterday you were so positive, and you will feel like that again. just weather the tough times - feel all the pain and cope with it, and eventually when you see you can do this, it won't seem so bad. you probably will have bad days, but you will also have good days!!!!
mmmmnnnnnn...i'm not sure bleh. if you want her as your friend, you are going to have to tread carefully. if you go NC, she might feel you have shut the door on her, and when you come to have classes together next term it might be a very sticky situation. if you want to be friends, and it's clear you do, i would suggest just letting things happen naturally. don't make contact with her on purpose, but if you see her, say hi and walk on. this way, she won't feel you don't want any contact with her, and nor will she feel you're looking to re-ignite your relationship!!!

play it cool!!!

*edit* just read carhill's last post...it's spot on!!!

NC doesn't necessarily mean 'closing the door'. If you let someone know what you're doing, and why you're doing it, and ask them to respect it for the time being - if they're worth being friends with, they will understand.

At least I hope that's the case. While my ex seriously cocked up last weekend, he has said that he understands I need time and space to sort myself out. And that that's the only way I will be able to be friends. We both want friendship in the future, and since I need to get over him first... that has to be done. If he couldn't see that - then ... he wouldn't be worth the effort of being friends.

Echo the advice to stay off the meds. If anything, situational depression at work here. There's nothing wrong with your brain, OP.

You know, I've never understood the need for being friends with ex's. Sure, if you have kids, stay cordial and respectful for custody, but, really, why would I want to be friends with someone I loved who either disrespected me, cheated on me, disparaged my good name, or any other plethora of reasons for breaking up or divorcing. There's a world of people out there who treat me decent and who aren't my friends. They're just good people. I'd pick one of those instead :)