desperation or love?

Hi,

Here is probably a shorter version of my dilemma, and I need advice, particularly from female members. Thanks in advance!

I broke up with my fiance 4 months ago. Our contact has been minimal. She is seeing another man now (living with him for 2months until she gets her own studio), and I've been keeping distance to respect her space. I've been trying to pull myself together and move on, too. I've been going out more, eating well, picking up new hobbies, etc etc. I've dated a few girls, one for 2 months. But the hard things is that the more I realize I can be happy, the more I wish I could share my happiness with my ex than anyone else and end up missing her so painfully.

Now, I understand that acting desperate is going to drive her away. But should she know that I am still very much in love with her? What is acting needy and desperate? How should I reestablish contact? I want to give her space, but I don't want her to lose what she used to feel for me. She's told me she can't see us getting back together again, but I don't know how seriously she means it, and I don't want to give up just yet.

She knows that it's been very difficult for me, partly because of how quickly she hooked up with someone else. She seems quite happy in this new relationship, although she does not seem very attached to his personality.

The other day I left her a book in her mailbox with a note saying that I miss her smile and friendship. Is this appropriate? Is this needy? Do I have to completely stop thinking about her if I want her to feel attracted to me again? Arg, I don't understand girls :-(

Thanks!

Depends who broke up with who.

If a woman breaks up with a man she usually means it. She has let go and is ready to move on.

If you broke up with her then there is a big chance she will have you back if you say you were wrong to break up with her and you realized how much you love her and want her backin your life-but only if you do it soon.

If it was mutual its a 50-50 chance. It could go either way and is worth a shot.

So when a woman breaks up with a man it's always 100% what she wants and the right thing but when a man does it usually means he's messed in the head and therefore should just apologize and come back?

Err..so it's not possible she might have broken it off with him but still questions it?

only if she did it on purpose to give him a little shake I guess :)

Not sure on the percentage of women who do that though, its disrespectful to play games with feelings.

Much easier to communicate your feelings whether good or bad.