Do atheists or people with the "wrong" religion go to Heaven?

I have a question, why are Christians always so afraid to die?

Christianity is the dominant religion in America, but the Christians seem to be the ones most afraid of dieing from "terrorist" attacks, am I the only one who finds that ironic?

If you knew that open heart surgery would heal you, would this take away your fear of the surgery?

If you know that you will feel great after something bad is going to happen, then would this take away your feaar of the bad part?

Does a great outcome eliminate a fear of a difficult procedure or event?

Your question is a good one, but IMO it has a logical answer.

If you knew that open heart surgery would heal you, would this take away your fear of the surgery?

If you know that you will feel great after something bad is going to happen, then would this take away your feaar of the bad part?

Does a great outcome eliminate a fear of a difficult procedure or event?

Your question is a good one, but IMO it has a logical answer.

The Christians should be looking forward to death considering they know they will go to "heaven" ............

Because it is "his" fault that they don't believe. Athiests aren't bad people, they just don't believe in god. Why punish a good person for simply not believing? Is that someone's idea of a loving and caring "god"?

It is not His fault...every one has a choice.

God is also just. He has provided a way when there was no way.

Why would a woman want to marry me if I chose not to love her? I am a good person...I just don't love her. Does this mean by your definition she is not loving or caring?

The Christians should be looking forward to death considering they know they will go to "heaven" ............

No, they look forward to AFTER death. Read the Bible...many verses discuss death as the "last enemy."

The definition of God's children would include those who love Him. Would those who choose not to love Him be in that definition?

If I believed in him I'm sure I would "love" him. But give me proof he exists.

hell, as a child when I was going through very rough times, I asked for any sign. I guess you could say I was wanting to believe. So I asked for a sign, any sign. One never came. And I prayed for this alot. Nothing happened. I wasn't asking for "him" to straighten out the mess I was in, just simply a sign to let me know he is there.

If "he" existed and cared, I would have gotten that sign.

But since no sign came, and I still have no proof there is a "god", then either two things are true.

1) there is no god

or

2) if there is, he doesn't care

I go with #1. I don't believe in #2.

It is not His fault...every one has a choice.

God is also just. He has provided a way when there was no way.

Why would a woman want to marry me if I chose not to love her? I am a good person...I just don't love her. Does this mean by your definition she is not loving or caring?

Uh, neither of you are "god".

No, they look forward to AFTER death. Read the Bible...many verses discuss death as the "last enemy."

last enemy, lawl, if your faith is so strong then you should have no problem with dieing considering you know exactly what will happen.......

last enemy, lawl, if your faith is so strong then you should have no problem with dieing considering you know exactly what will happen.......

Perhaps you did not understand what I said earlier? Knowing what happens after any event does not eliminate the fear of the event.

With a perfect person, this may be true prior to death, but who knows whether God eliminates that fear during death.

Knowing that Heaven is waiting does not mean that death is somehow easy.

Uh, neither of you are "god".

So in your opinion, God is obligated to accept everyone into Heaven even if they do not love Him? And why should He bring in those who do not want to be in Heaven if they do not love Him nor do they love Heaven?

Does a loving and caring God mean that He should ignore everything He has said? Why bother saying that "Except a man be born again (saved), he cannot enter into Heaven" when He plans on letting everyone in?

What IS Heaven? Why would it be fun for someone who does not believe in God if the whole concept of Heaven is being with God?

And simply dismissing the example because neither are God IMO ignores the comparison. If two people cannot live together when they do not love each other, how much more wold it be impossible for an atheist want to live for eternity with a God who He simply did not believe existed?

This defies logic when even using human examples IMO.

Perhaps you did not understand what I said earlier? Knowing what happens after any event does not eliminate the fear of the event.

With a perfect person, this may be true prior to death, but who knows whether God eliminates that fear during death.

Knowing that Heaven is waiting does not mean that death is somehow easy.

So your are saying your belief in your faith is strong enough to tell me I am going to hell, but not strong enough to remove your fear of death.

Seems pretty funny to me.

So in your opinion, God is obligated to accept everyone into Heaven even if they do not love Him? And why should He bring in those who do not want to be in Heaven if they do not love Him nor do they love Heaven?

Uh, because if "he" loves all his children, and they lead a good life, why would he punish them?

Seems to me a father of a child has more compassion than does "god".

If my child rebelled against me and didn't love me, I'd still love him, and would welcome him into my arms any time.

but its really kind of silly talking about this since there is no "god".

So your are saying your belief in your faith is strong enough to tell me I am going to hell, but not strong enough to remove your fear of death.

Seems pretty funny to me.

Actually, "my faith" does not tell me that you are going to Hell. If I have stated that, then please let me know. If you feel that by me saying that someone who does not believe in God cannot be happy or be accepted into Heaven, then please note that I am relaying what is in the Bible, and I am not applying it personally to anyone posting here on this thread. If I did, I apologize because I am not in the position to make that call.

In fact, I would not nor COULD I make that judgment call. I can say that the Bible says that those who do not confess that Jesus is God nor repent of their sins will go to Hell. But I personally did not say that nor would I say who is or is not going to Heaven.

Besides, what we are today is not necessarily what we will be at our death. As long as there is life, there is a hope for an eternity with God.

Only God sees the heart of man. What we are on the outside is not necessarily who we are on the inside. While I can see or hear who someone is, I can never truly know what someone is like. So, again, I can never be in the position to say for certain where anyone is going.

If the idea of God is funny, then perhaps I can say that doing some research into why so many believe there is a God should be serious business.

Uh, because if "he" loves all his children, and they lead a good life, why would he punish them?

Does your definition of God include those who are not His children? Who are God's children? The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation, but that only those who are born again are children of God. We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ. Anyone who has not had this relationship is not a child of God. We are not born a child of God due to the fall of Adam. We all need to be saved from our sins...both inherited and committed. Then and only then can we become a child of God.

Seems to me a father of a child has more compassion than does "god".

But aren't you asking God to love children that are not His? God has plenty of compassion for His children. But you are asking Him to have compassion for those who have chosen not to be a child of God.

If my child rebelled against me and didn't love me, I'd still love him, and would welcome him into my arms any time.

And God does that as well. He is more long suffering than any human father could ever be.

but its really kind of silly talking about this since there is no "god".

So why would you want to be in Heaven with a God whom you do not believe exists? That would be silly IMO.

Actually, "my faith" does not tell me that you are going to Hell. If I have stated that, then please let me know. If you feel that by me saying that someone who does not believe in God cannot be happy or be accepted into Heaven, then please note that I am relaying what is in the Bible, and I am not applying it personally to anyone posting here on this thread. If I did, I apologize because I am not in the position to make that call.

In fact, I would not nor COULD I make that judgment call. I can say that the Bible says that those who do not confess that Jesus is God nor repent of their sins will go to Hell. But I personally did not say that nor would I say who is or is not going to Heaven.

Besides, what we are today is not necessarily what we will be at our death. As long as there is life, there is a hope for an eternity with God.

Only God sees the heart of man. What we are on the outside is not necessarily who we are on the inside. While I can see or hear who someone is, I can never truly know what someone is like. So, again, I can never be in the position to say for certain where anyone is going.

If the idea of God is funny, then perhaps I can say that doing some research into why so many believe there is a God should be serious business.

I gotta be honest, I find this whole thread pretty funny.

Feel free to ignore it. :rolleyes:

I can assure you that this is no laughing matter.

Feel free to ignore it. :rolleyes:

I can assure you that this is no laughing matter.

It is, all the Muslims think they are going to get into heaven by blowing themselves up, all the Christians think they will get into heaven by reading a book and paying money to a church, the Catholics believe using condoms is a sin...... its all pretty funny.

So why would you want to be in Heaven with a God whom you do not believe exists? That would be silly IMO.

You're right, it is silly. thats why I don't want to be in a place that doesn't exist.

Rooster_DAR

If God was perfect, whey did he create an imperfect world? Should he have not been able to see the future and have his disciples format the text in a way where it could not be misinterpreted in the future? To me these questions are more than enough to at the very least question these writings.

Add the contradictions (still not explained on another thread) on top of of physic challenging events that are not possible in our universe, you wind up with a handful of people questioning any validity of religion in general.

(not to mention why there are so many gods)

How does god expect an imperfect civilization (that he created) to belief in his word when you have imperfect man deducing their own interpretations of the scriptures over thousands of years?

I must admit, life spontaneously rising also holds a large degree question, but so far it seems far more likely that life did evolve over billions years from something other than a divine creator.

Cheers!

You're right, it is silly. thats why I don't want to be in a place that doesn't exist.

I commend you on your superior knowledge. You have obtained what no man has ever...you must have visited all of the corners of space and time to be able to say so confidently that God and Heaven do not exist.

This is incredible.

Even Richard Dawkins has said that an atheist cannot say that God does not exist. He can only say that there is no evidence (in his mind) pointing to the existence of God.

I assure you that the place which you and I or anyone else will be WILL exist.

If God was perfect, whey did he create an imperfect world? Should he have not been able to see the future and have his disciples format the text in a way where it could not be misinterpreted in the future? To me these questions are more than enough to at the very least question these writings.

Add the contradictions (still not explained on another thread) on top of of physic challenging events that are not possible in our universe, you wind up with a handful of people questioning any validity of religion in general.

(not to mention why there are so many gods)

How does god expect an imperfect civilization (that he created) to belief in his word when you have imperfect man deducing their own interpretations of the scriptures over thousands of years?

I must admit, life spontaneously rising also holds a large degree question, but so far it seems far more likely that life did evolve over billions years from something other than a divine creator.

Cheers!

God created us because it was good. We were given free will to choose whatever we want to do in our lives. And that's where evil comes from. Not God.

The fact there there are so many Gods is because people like making up their so-called Gods to try and contradict Christianity.

Rooster_DAR

The fact there there are so many Gods is because people like making up their so-called Gods to try and contradict Christianity.

Exactly!!!

Perhaps you have fallen into this same consternation? People have made up gods for thousands of years, and they all claim the others are wrong.

I'm just providing a scenario, I'm not saying your wrong hopefully your not interpreting it that way.

Cheers!

HokeyReligions
I have a question, why are Christians always so afraid to die?

Christianity is the dominant religion in America, but the Christians seem to be the ones most afraid of dieing from "terrorist" attacks, am I the only one who finds that ironic?

There are just as many people of other faiths, and of no faith, that are just as afraid of death. That is human nature; although my mom prayed for death to take her for several years before she actually died. She was ready.

Younger people tend to fear it more than older people. I am afraid of the death that I will have - I hope I do not suffer like my mom. I hope that I don't go before I'm ready -- that all my earthly responsibilities are done. I dread it because I don't want my loved ones to mourn for me. After the death - what is there to fear? Whatever happens will happen no matter what kind of death I have. If I believe in God then my preparation for after-death is up to me and I would fear it if I felt that I had disappointed God and because I would fear God's acceptance or non-acceptance of my immortal soul. That thought has crossed my mind a lot because I still have not decided on any of the popular versions of God, though Christianity is what I know most about and if I am wrong I have placed my soul in jeopardy. I would hazard a guess that many people feel similarly.

HokeyReligions

LOL! As my Christian friend would say "then thank God for your sense of humor!" :)

Hmmm.

I can only tell you this. As an Athiest, I don't believe in Heaven or an afterlife. It doesn't exist.... so I don't think about it. I am more concerned about living the best life possible according to my own conscience....

I have never suscribed to the notion that there is some omnipotent being that decides my fate or judges whether to punish me to eternal damnation and hellfire.

I always wonder why people don't question the hypocrisy that exists within the institution of religion (any religion). Is your god benevolent or vengeful? All loving or more concerned with punishing? Examples of both behaviours exist in scripture(s).

If you believe your god is benevolent, how therefore, can you also believe that said god would send anyone who has lived a good life to eternal suffering.... simply because they belong to a different religion or belief system. But that same god will accept the faith of a killer, abuser, or otherwise cruel person as long as they repent and accept him into their heart before they die?

No logic in that.