:( Not Good Today, Ex Contacted Me.

Cool Chick

Oh God, I just got an email from my ex. He said it looks like he'll be moving.

I'm trying to get over this guy, so why does it feel lik my heart was just ripped out of my chest. :(

Cool Chick

bejshermanoaks

Do you break up with him? If you did, could he be saying that as a potential ploy to get you back? Just shooting in the dark here, but is it possible?

Jon B.

because your heart leapt when you saw he contacted you and your hopes might have soared for just a second?

because he just set back your healing clock?

• Author

Sorry, it's a long story. The short version. He is my next door neighbour and I met him and his fiance about two years ago. We started out as friends but he started wanting more. I stupidly kept being friends with him and held off his advances for more. Stupid of me, but he said such nice things and treated me so well.

Things went to **** with his fiance and they broke up. Since he had been telling me all along that he would like to get together with me for ages I finally consented and we slept together. He then turned around and slept with another woman two weeks later and I found out. There's more to it than that, but that's the Coles notes of the situation. He still wanted to be friends but that's just not going to work for me. I went no contact on Jan. 25th. He contacted me to say he was moving and buying a house with his Ex (the one before his fiance).

I thought I was doing so well, but the thought of him moving away has just been so hard. He's a good neighbour and I'd hate to loose that. I guess I always thought if I could get over him well enough we could at least go back to being friends for real.....but he also treated me sooo bad. He says he never wanted to hurt me, but how on earth can someone do the things he did and NOT think that he'd hurt me?? I really don't understand this. If there are any men that can shed light on the behaviour please let me know. I can't figure out if he's stupid, or just plays stupid.

*Sigh* So hear I am feeling like crap after doing so well. I wish my heart (emotional side) would follow my head (logical side) and NOT care for this man.

Cool Chick

I thought I was doing so well, but the thought of him moving away has just been so hard. He's a good neighbour and I'd hate to loose that. I guess I always thought if I could get over him well enough we could at least go back to being friends for real.....

Doesn't work like that, usually. At least not in such a short time...

but he also treated me sooo bad. He says he never wanted to hurt me, but how on earth can someone do the things he did and NOT think that he'd hurt me?? I really don't understand this. If there are any men that can shed light on the behaviour please let me know. I can't figure out if he's stupid, or just plays stupid.

He never wanted to hurt you, but he just placed his own needs before any consideration of how you might feel.

*Sigh* So hear I am feeling like crap after doing so well. I wish my heart (emotional side) would follow my head (logical side) and NOT care for this man.

Life would be boring if it was that easy... =/