dating overweight person? be honest

SpanksTheMonkey
that's genetic issue.

Fat girl means she is lazy and doesn't take care of herself.

If I see a girl eating like a pig, omg I don't know what I would do :D

Is this guy for real who you calling lazy? I'm overweight so am I automatically lazy and eat like a pig in your world?

I'm as open minded as anyone to discuss this subject in a civil respectful manor but I find your ignorant blanket statement insulting.

You sound like a real winner yourself people can always lose weight but they cant change their personality that easily.

So did you start this thread to actually discuss dating over weight people or to just bash them?

it's very funny how the fxxx people are different in talking in groups and acting in personal life.

(eg: they say 'I support gay rights' but in reality they hate those kinds)

so I am straightforward person.

When I mention about 'I checked this girl online, her profile says few extra pounds, I don't think I can deal with that'

people usually say 'personaliy is the most important' bull**** and tell me how superficial I am. Some of them get offended too even though they are not fat.

So why people lie and act like they are good example type person?

If you are model type girl and don't mind dating bald, fat guy just because he is sincere that's fine.

If you are athletic guy and want to date a plus size girl because she is so sweet, that's fine.

I am just talking to those people who follow 'text book' principles online but act differently in real life.

I personally would not actively seek out an obese person as a prospective romantic partner.

However, if the man I fell in love with became rather large over time, I would not leave him. But I sure as heck will push him to hit the gym, eat sensibly, etc.

But I wouldn't fall out of love with him.

If "a few extra pounds" is less than 10 pounds then ok. Some people can even carry more than 10 pretty well.

A person who lies about their weight is short sighted. If she tells me "a few extra.." then a fat woman shows up, I tell them "next time be honest, maybe things will work out.....with your next date" Then I walk out.

Fat is usually more than cosmetic. The person is a greedy glutton, and will have all kinds of attitude issues.

GP touting honesty....:confused::o;)

• Author

If you want to blame your gene, that's fine.

What I am trying to say is this is something you can change and work on.

Every guys want to date those hot girls with awesome body

(let's put 'personality' thing away right now

'what if her personality is not great' ,that kind of bull****)

One guy said , she must spend lots of time and effort to take care of her body so if you want that kind of person, you have to put the same effort.

Don't worry, although you are overweight, you can just meet a person like you

birds of feather flock together

Is this guy for real who you calling lazy? I'm overweight so am I automatically lazy and eat like a pig in your world?

I'm as open minded as anyone to discuss this subject in a civil respectful manor but I find your ignorant blanket statement insulting.

You sound like a real winner yourself people can always lose weight but they cant change their personality that easily.

So did you start this thread to actually discuss dating over weight people or to just bash them?

MexicanBillBacker

One guy said , she must spend lots of time and effort to take care of her body so if you want that kind of person, you have to put the same effort.

You know how much work it takes to be in shape. I have to go to the gym 3 hours a day every day to be in shape. I totally respect people who choose not to do that and be fat.

Hell I might be ****ing fit but the girl I'm in love with is overweight and I don't care one bit

And men like you make make lesbianism a HELL of a lot more attractive.

:rolleyes:

Your comments denote very little intelligabilty viz. ignorance.

lol, I am a male, and I can say I really don't like the typical "hot" girl.

HokeyReligions
There is some truth to this, however are parents passing on 'genes' or 'bad habits'? i think its mainly the latter, and lots of people seem to be comforted or exonerated by the 'genetic' excuse.

If it was purely genetic, then we would have seen a reasonable number of obese people throughout history, and we haven't really, it seems to be mainly a 20th Century pandemic.

How many times do you see obese parents out shopping or eating with their kids who are also obese? I see it alot- and the parents are passing on their bad eating habits to their kids, you only have to look in their shopping trolley or at whats on their restaurant table to see that.

Obese parents are less likely to be active with their kids, and therefore unconsciously encourage less active behaviour in kids.

Its a vicious circle.

Which just goes to show that not all fat people are lazy and don't care about themselves. It's simply a learned behavior and possibly tied to genetics.

HokeyReligions

This whole thread makes me think that bigotry is an inherent human trait. We are trading discrimination against minorities to being against fat people. From Jewish to Christian, etc. The behavior and attitude hasn't changed at all - we pat ourselves on the back that we are overcoming racial issues but all we really are doing is shifting our hatred and ignorance to a different group and changing the labels - but as a race - the human race - we are still labeling and acting accordingly.

This whole thread makes me think that bigotry is an inherent human trait. We are trading discrimination against minorities to being against fat people. From Jewish to Christian, etc. The behavior and attitude hasn't changed at all - we pat ourselves on the back that we are overcoming racial issues but all we really are doing is shifting our hatred and ignorance to a different group and changing the labels - but as a race - the human race - we are still labeling and acting accordingly.

We strive to do the right thing even though thats not what always happens. I love humans they're my favorite animal

• Author

Give every women or men equal chance whether they are fat(or unattractive) or not?

We live in a busy world. there is no time to give every person equal attention.

Think about job resume, Street smart person can be better than a person with a high degree. So what???????

They toss out applications if it doesn't meet their standards

Should the manager listen to each individual to find out who really they are??????

When you see someone unattractive to you. Should you say to yourself

'she might have great personality, I should talk to her'

Try to understand before getting offended.

(I know a lot of people just get offended by using 'fat' word. I guess I know why)

Yong your being like the guy who puts his friend down for dating a girl he doesn't find hot... or maybe worse your the guy worried to date a girl because you dont think your friends will think she's hot. Dude if skinny girls are your thing more power to you but every one has their own taste.

I think "hatred and ignorance" is a bit strong for this thread- many people simply aren't attracted to people who look different to them. I don't find overweight people attractive- I find some black people attractive but not all, the same way I find some white people attractive, but not all.

I also don't find uber-skinny people attractive.

We are biologically programmed to find people attractive who are the most likely to produce healthy offspring with us- this encompasses lifestyle as well as looks.

I don't find overweight people attractive- but I would still hire someone who was overweight if they were the best for the job, and I am friends with people who are overweight, and I wouldn't leave someone of they put on weight

SpanksTheMonkey

Fat is usually more than cosmetic. The person is a greedy glutton, and will have all kinds of attitude issues.

GP touting honesty....:confused::o;)

I'm all for honesty gp but do you honestly think EVERY over weight person is a greedy glutton with attitude issues?

Common can't you see the prob with that? its silly its like saying every black person is inherently ignorant and pissed at the world its just not right.

Yong if your talking to me with this post and I assume you are since you quoted me at the bottom I never blamed my size on genetics.

What makes you think over weight people cant date hot people? I've only ever dated one other larger person my hole life I think some of your ideas are greatly warped.

can I ask you if your Asian from the handle your using yongyong you sound it.

What if some one came here and started putting down Asian men and saying they wouldn't date one and then started slandering them?

Don't fool yourself stereo types have been around for a long time and its not just overweight people who some times suffer.

I'm def with you on this one Hokey the ugly fact is hate is still alive and well its just more soclialy acceptable now adays to act this way toward larger people.

30 or 40 years ago it was blacks and then gays seams sociaity always has to have a whipping boy of sorts it can freely and openly take out its fears and frustrations on its sad.

I'm all for honesty gp but do you honestly think EVERY over weight person is a greedy glutton with attitude issues?

Common can't you see the prob with that? its silly its like saying every black person is inherently ignorant and pissed at the world its just not right.

Hi Spank,

I said usually not EVERY. There is a big difference!

I don't see any reason to bring race into this.

SpanksTheMonkey

Hi Spank,

I said usually not EVERY. There is a big difference!

I don't see any reason to bring race into this.

So you did sorry gp I didn't catch that.

I was mainly trying to point out there are different kinds of blanket statements and when you step back and look at them you can see that most of the time there not accurate thats all.

So why people lie and act like they are good example type person?

If you are model type girl and don't mind dating bald, fat guy just because he is sincere that's fine.

If you are athletic guy and want to date a plus size girl because she is so sweet, that's fine.

I am just talking to those people who follow 'text book' principles online but act differently in real life.

I would date a confident bald fat guy if he had an enormous....appetite ;)

NotMyselfNEmore
Dated "overweight" women. Married one. She's more beautiful today than the day I married her. Too bad she's mad at me all the time now... and snores LOL

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: That seems to be the complaint of many husbands!! I love your attitude Carhill

NotMyselfNEmore

I don't like fat men (they are not fit).... I won't date them..

I don't like smokers (they don't care about their health)... I won't date them..

I don't like short men...(I prefer tall, dark and hansome) I won't date them..

I don't like men that drive old rusty cars...(that means they can't afford a decent car) I won't date them..

I don't like men that have no paying jobs...(that means they're not educated) I won't date them..

I don't like men that live with roomates...(they are losers and can't afford a place of their own) I won't date them..

I don't like men that wear tacky clothes...(they have no taste) I won't date them..

If this is shallow.. I really don't give a hoot... at least, I know what I want and what I DON'T WANT.. ;)

Fat Men/Women can be fit. You mean, they're not skinny?

Smoking doesn't mean they don't care about their health. It means, they are addicted.

Short men can be a great asset! They can be just tall enough to reach your nipples when standing :p

Sometimes, cars are like holy underwear... the feel better when they're old and ugly

Not getting paid for a job? Um... I don't think that makes sense. Whether your get paid very little or a lot for a job, you are still getting paid. I am almost sure NO ONE would work for free.

What about a man that lives with a roomate because they don't like living alone? Some people prefer to have someone there to keep them company. (or to beat up any thieves that break in)

Ok, about the tacky clothes.... what if they are a clown for a living? Have you thought of that? Maybe they live in character all the time.

You See?? It's all relative!:p:p

Teacher's Pet
I would date a confident bald fat guy if he had an enormous....appetite ;)

*arrives*

What's for dinner?

-TP

teehee

canadian_jeff
A find girls hot even if they have a few extra pounds. but a 5'6 girl who is like 170 or above is probably not going to look hot too me. I'm a pretty athletic looking guy, tall, charming and with a full head of hair

...................no mention of intelligence, personallity............but what I would not do for a full head of hair....long beautiful hair