Do I let him go?

I've been dating this guy for almost a year. He's my best friend we met and I was with someone else and we were good friends when I broke up with my boyfriend we starting dating and it's almost a year now.He's 28 and I'm 31. We love each other dearly but he's having trouble with the relationship. He doesn't want to have a girlfriend because he's too into hanging out with his friends, having independence, doing what he wants when he wants with no one to answer to or be obligated to. Our breakup has been dragging on for months, I don't want to let go and I don't think he wants to either but he can't admit it and instead of saying that he blames me and says he stays for me. He wants to remain friends but when there is so much love and respect and trust between us it hurts me that things can't work out and I'm afraid I won't know how to be friends with him without pining away for him. The thought of him with another kills me and I know he doesn't like thinking of me dating another yet he'll deal with it better than I will. We're coming to the point where we have to make a decision on what path to choose, to let go and walk away, be friends or give our relationship a chance. He wants the friendship and I don't know what to do. Can I get him back? How? Should I give friendship a chance? Or should I walk away and make a clean break.

[color=indigo]

He's obviously not ready for a relationship if he wants to choose hanging out with his friends and independence over you. That's not a sign that he's ready for a committed relationship. Also, if he truly wanted to be with you, with no doubts, he would gladly jump into a relationship.

Frankly, he sounds like a committment phobic. I mean he's 28, still single, not making any real strides to settle down... The signs are all there. You're not getting any younger. I would give him an ultimatum. Either he wants to be with you or he doesn't. I can guarantee you that if you choose to remain friends with him, you'll end up getting physical again. A full, clean break would be advisable if you don't want to play any games. Maybe not having you around will wake him up to what he is missing and he'll change his tune. You never know... Good luck!

[/color]