2 years later

Hello everyone

Last time I posted here I got a bit of a rough ride (see "am I being taken for a fool") but I thought I would risk another conversation.

We are still together and have been reasonably settled these last two years. No real violence - I have lost my temper but not hit her again. She does her best to wind me up though - last time was because she commented on my driving, said she thought I was going to crash into another car. I have been driving for 30 years without an accident, and I drive better than she does - she is in no place to comment. Then she has the gall to sulk when I tell her I'm just not having it.

Anyway, that is not why I am writing. I have just found out I need to take drugs everyday for the rest of my life. No big deal, just a hassle going to collect them every 4 weeks, but it makes me feel old and I have started thinking about my life and it has depressed me.

I have wasted my life, I stuck with this woman and for what? I told her last night I was depressed - I hate my job, I hate the journey to work, I hate the things she has done to me. I am trying (successfully) to change jobs so she says "well work will be better soon, the journey will be much much shorter so things will be better". When I ask about the things she has done to me she says "I'm sorry but I can't make them go away. They happened a long time ago (1988, 1994 and 2005) why do you still keep thinking about them?"

Can you imagine she can just forget what happened - just brush things under the carpet ?

To me she has cheated on me repeatedly the whole of our relationship - if she fancies someone else, then she wants sex with them - if she wants sex with them then she wants an affair, therefore she cheated. She thinks I can just forget it all and get on with my life. She cannot see the damage she has done.

She says she will leave - great ! I do nothing wrong and end up alone !

I will NOT go to marriage guidance but there must be someway to break this deadlock. Please can anyone offer any suggestions to make her see how she has wrecked what could have been a fantastic realtionship?

Thanks.

Edited by Mr A M
typos
Please can anyone offer any suggestions to make her see how she has wrecked what could have been a fantastic realtionship?

To make her see :confused: ...

For what purpose? I'm afraid she is right - the past is indeed over and done. No do-overs, no mulligans in life. So, at this point, you want to put all your energy in figuring out who's to blame rather than where to go from here.

Were it me, I'd be more worried about the rest of my life. Whether you stay with her or split, the future is still unwritten. That's what I'd be trying to make her see...

Mr. Lucky

I love your ideas about affairs.. likeing someone is wanting sex which is just as bad as having sex...

but what I read of this, she's never actually HAD AN AFFIAR.

and.. your "I hate my job, I hate my life, I hate everything,"

Wow.. with an out look like that, how did you ever get married in the first place???

divorce her.. you'll be as absolutely miserable alone as with her.. (but maybe then she could be happy).