Bought a new Home today The Adventure Begins!

..well, at least you tried.

Frankly, on the other hand I don't expect to be very happy. Barring something bizzare happening, (running into Cybil Sheppard finding out she needs a room and the towns sold out) happiness will probably have to find me. I can't imagine feeling like making my own for a while.

I understand this. Frankly, I feel the same way. Enough looking for happiness. Let it find me this time.

Maybe we'll luck out Lake. If not, we can at least be content and at peace with ourselves and all the wonderful things that surround us. After all happiness resides in the moment and is never long term.

Best wishes.

I'm sorry for the loss of your dream, and like others, I also appreciate the fortitude it demonstrates to come on here and give the story straight up.

I hope for you that you grow into your original assertions, that whatever happened - separate from the outcome of this relationship - this move would bring you a new start in a new place, with new opportunities and potential. As much as you have asserted the que sera sera philosophy, I bet you'd agree that you still had a significant amount of your emotional energy tied to this uncertain, nebulous not-really-real thing. I don't claim that this soothes your loss, but you are now unbound; look at that for the gift that it might be.

Sorry this didn't work out for you..I am glad though that you atleast put roots down for yourself and started a new life/job first. It would've been even worse if you had moved there and didn't settle in first..

Take care and just take each day as it comes..

Happiness for the short term and happiness in the long term--it's an attitude of mind!

As Auntie Mame said: Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death. Onward and upward!

You come across as a genteel, gallant, mature and grounded man, one who is part-romantic, another part- down to earth responsible---a winning combination.

I know it sounds corny, but I would recommend getting involved in activities that focus on the senses---i.e. wine tasting or a water sport or art---each of which tends to attract intelligent, curious, and usually nice-looking people... and you never know who else might be out there...

Mrs. X will take notice, believe me, after some time. Whether you care at this point or not, there will be more to this story.

There is a great saying I used to apply to myself that always worked with new relationships: "Love like you have never been hurt before". This does not mean that you are without so called baggage, but, like you say, you do not let that "baggage", that past and its "disappointments" weigh you down or affect your happiness.

Stay positive, fit, strong and healthy and yes, happiness will come looking for you. You'll attract, without even being so much aware of it...

xxoo

OE

Rolling way back to the beginning I have always proffered that I would not push, make demands, or otherwise try and force my will on this situation, or the lady. Making the move was enough of a statement I thought. I can say honestly that I have lived up to those ideals completely. I have remained the gentelman.

The last year has been a good one. The house is nice, comfortable, a place I am proud of. I have never lived like this before. It's what I have hoped my whole life to have. Through 25 years of marriage, and the years since I have not been able to manage having a place like this to live. I have it now.

I don't have any shoulders to cry on, and that's probably a good thing. As always I will improvise, adapt, and overcome whatever stands blocking my way.

You are a gentleman, you deserve your wonderful new home, and you do have a shoulder to cry on, even in cyber space.

You still have purpose, Lakey, even if this didn't work out. Just look at what all these nice posters recognize in you.

Best,

WF.

• Author
LakesideDream
You are a gentleman, you deserve your wonderful new home, and you do have a shoulder to cry on, even in cyber space.

You still have purpose, Lakey, even if this didn't work out. Just look at what all these nice posters recognize in you.

Best,

WF.

It's a blessing to be sure. Without a place to "vent" and exchange ideas like LS, life would be much more of a trial. Thanks all.

(((((hugs))))) LsD. Her loss. She can pretend to be as "happy" as she wants, but what that really means is that the fear of risk of change is greater than her capacity to imagine, and embrace, TRUE happiness. She doesn't deserve you.

(((((hugs))))) LsD. Her loss. She can pretend to be as "happy" as she wants, but what that really means is that the fear of risk of change is greater than her capacity to imagine, and embrace, TRUE happiness. She doesn't deserve you.

Owoman, I'm sorry, but that's just sour grapes.

You can't possibly know whether her reason for NOT resuming an affair with Lake was based on your assumption, or the assumption that she's actually happy in her marriage.

Owoman, I'm sorry, but that's just sour grapes.

You can't possibly know whether her reason for NOT resuming an affair with Lake was based on your assumption, or the assumption that she's actually happy in her marriage.

I agree. I was thinking the same thing.

Look, people are basically selfish. If being with LSD would have made her happier then she'd be with him.

IMO, he did exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. He showed her his perspective and interest, engaged her, and then left her alone. It's only been a few months. Things aren't always as they seem. As Owl indicated, neither he nor we really know her true feelings or the dynamic of her M. The positive aspect is she is now able to, without any influence, process her own path. LsD has indicated that she is an intelligent and strong-willed woman. She'll do what's right for her. She got first right of refusal on his love and made her choice. Lots of signals flying around. My instinct is that he's already met someone who will become important to him in the near future. :)

Hey LSD,

I take my hat out to you for having gone through the extreme most would have not done. You had a plan. You accomplished it. Even if the outcome isn't what you had hoped for, you still accomplished what you set out to do. That's remarkable in itself.

You had to go through this in order to allow yourself to grow and move on. Painful, yes. But a necessary process of survival. Had you not gone through this, your heart may have become a prisoner forever held by this MW. She may still....if you allow her.

I do hope in time, you will allow yourself to give the same kind of love to someone who can truly appreciate it and give you the same in return without conditions, obstacles and untainted love. And someone who will move the mountain for you as you have done for this woman.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
LakesideDream

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since posting on this thread. It's my Lady by the Lakes birthday today and and I'm feeling a bit lonely.

I've held my mud since the last post, and haven't actually had any signifigant contact (just a smile & wave once in passing). While completely sober, I'm havin those warm fuzzy feelings.

Ah well... what is, is.. eh?

Hey LsD, long time no hear. It's probably better this way. Sometimes silence speaks volumes ;). I'll fill you in on the latest later.

• Author
LakesideDream
Hey LsD, long time no hear. It's probably better this way. Sometimes silence speaks volumes ;). I'll fill you in on the latest later.

Car, I don't feel disturbed, or unsettled by a little "lonely for a special gal" feelings. Heck I'm all growed up and everything. I'm nostalgic for that big beaming smile, and twinkling eyes. Sigh...

I thought you and her were sneaking around for coffee and dates? Why did it all stopped? Are they sleeping in the same bed now? Are they having a birthday party with their family and all?

Any guess which reincarnation this is?

Anyway, LsD, interesting what you remember, huh? I've said exactly the same thing in the past. All that other superficial stuff was meaningless.

I have confidence that there's something else out there and this is all a process. :)

• Author
LakesideDream
I thought you and her were sneaking around for coffee and dates? Why did it all stopped? Are they sleeping in the same bed now? Are they having a birthday party with their family and all?

You are behind the times! A month and a half ago I posted that I had given up hope for arelationship and was backing away. Nothing changed in her life of mine to cause it. It just felt like it was time. To save you going back this is what I typed:

Hi Y'all, this is most likely the last post on this thread. It's been a year now. As they say, the best efforts of mice and men often come to naught. This one has come to naught.

Rolling way back to the beginning I have always proffered that I would not push, make demands, or otherwise try and force my will on this situation, or the lady. Making the move was enough of a statement I thought. I can say honestly that I have lived up to those ideals completely. I have remained the gentelman.

The last year has been a good one. The house is nice, comfortable, a place I am proud of. I have never lived like this before. It's what I have hoped my whole life to have. Through 25 years of marriage, and the years since I have not been able to manage having a place like this to live. I have it now.

Even in the shattering economy the business is doing OK. Nothing spactacular but OK. I have enough. The work isn't to difficult, or physically taxing. I don't hate doing it.

The Lady? It appears that's not going to happen. "Appears" in this case is pretty final. I have stayed away from her completely since the Christmas Holiday, putting some space between us (even though we live just miles apart) to give both of us, primarily me time to think clearly. We exchanged an email today. Short and sweet. She's happy the way she is. I respect that.

Part of "respecting that" will be learning to treat her as a neighbor, not a close neighbor. It won't be a difficult learning process. It's pretty much status quo.

Sadness? A little. An hour or so of butterfly in the stomach. A little feeling disoriented. Maybe I'll feel some depression, maybe not. Things are what they are. I'm good at recognizing reality.

I don't have any shoulders to cry on, and that's probably a good thing. As always I will improvise, adapt, and overcome whatever stands blocking my way.

Nothing has changed. Everything in my life is fine, fine, fine. Just posted tonight 'cause I was feeling a bit lonely.

Nothing has changed. Everything in my life is fine, fine, fine. Just posted tonight 'cause I was feeling a bit lonely.

Come here. I'll give you a shoulder.

Bloody hell, me thinks its SignedIn2008 back again. After being banned for harassing people no less! Tsk tsk.

White Flower

Ah Lakey,

There are always those who lie in wait, ready to kick you when you are down. Even if they can't match their tenses within the same sentence. Gee, it might have hurt more if they could have spoken proper English, hmm?

It is OK to feel sad and post your feelings in that moment in time. I happen to know that that was just one moment in your day and your entire life does not revolve around that moment. I know you've laughed and had great success this week but some would like to think you are stuck in tragedy for an eternity. If they only knew...

There are always those who lie in wait, ready to kick you when you are down. Even if they can't match their tenses within the same sentence. Gee, it might have hurt more if they could have spoken proper English, hmm?

"Those" is one rather bitter guy with a keyboard and no grammar checker! Perhaps he thought no one would notice that changing his name each time he got banned was a thin disguise when his writing style and content (same old same old) didn't get to change. Still, his inability to move on from his bitterness has earned all of our pity, if none of our respect, so at least that's a consolation prize.

So, LsD, some time back you promised pix of the new place "once you were settled". That was quite a while back - do we ever get to see them, or are you still not "settled" ? :p

"Those" is one rather bitter guy with a keyboard and no grammar checker! Perhaps he thought no one would notice that changing his name each time he got banned was a thin disguise when his writing style and content (same old same old) didn't get to change. Still, his inability to move on from his bitterness has earned all of our pity, if none of our respect, so at least that's a consolation prize.

I think its a female. I have a sister who is rather embittered and asks weird, off-the-topic questions of people in social arenas, and it is always awkward. Somehow, I cannot see a Man acting this way! -- you know, hung up on little details, and calling women sluts and prostitutes etc.

The only way I can understand SignedIn/etc etc is that she feels Better Than Others on these boards by being mean... clearly she hasn't got much going for her in real life.

Why else would she consistently post in such a Negative way??