I have heard that wrapping cling wrap around your thighs at night before you go to bed and sleeping with it on there all night will make your thighs smaller by making them sweat. I am sure it will make them sweat, but will it really make them smaller?

Thanks

Originally posted by Nurse_Jamie

I have heard that wrapping cling wrap around your thighs at night before you go to bed and sleeping with it on there all night will make your thighs smaller by making them sweat. I am sure it will make them sweat, but will it really make them smaller?

No.

If you want to have smaller thighs, you need to lose weight, which can only occur by taking in fewer calories than you expend.

• Author

actually veggie -

I talked to one of my good friends last night that has been trying this for the past week and she said that it has been working. She said that ever since she has been doing it, her really tight pants weren't as tight anymore around her thighs. and she said she hasn't changed her eating habits, that's all she's been doing.

So yeah...show's how much you know.

Oh yeah, and:

If you want to have smaller thighs, you need to lose weight, which can only occur by taking in fewer calories than you expend.

WELL, DUH!!!!

Of course it will make them smaller. It's just stupidity run rampant though. This same "miracle" has been marketed as body wraps...and plenty of people have been suckered into it.

Sweat is largely water...with some salts...oils...etc.

Sweat has volume.

When sweat LEAVES your body....it takes the volume with it (we do have to conserve matter here).

Since the sweat is leaving at the thigh area, the volume will change moreso there.

Your dumbass friend is simply dehydrating herself. There's nothing magic about that.

It does zero to cause you to lose bodyfat. You couldn't lose bodyfat in just your thighs even if you wanted to (outside of surgery). Once you rehydrate yourself, that VOLUME is going to come right back into your body.