Ten years younger. Do I go for it?

marlena

• Author

Update:

I won't bore you with the sizzling details (just kidding) but my date with Mr. Belgium went super great. He picked me up from home, complimented me on my appearance and handed me one single, beautiful red rose. We dined at a wonderful place with a view of the sea and the city by night. Very romantic. After that, we went to a jazz club and and had an after dinner drink. We talked about everything under the sun except work. He was the perfect gentleman. No hanky panky but his body language spoke volumes. As did mine. He drove me home and gave me a peck on the cheek before he opened the car dooor for me. We said good night and agreed to do it again some time.

So, I guess we'll see where it goes from there.

• Author

lbj,

Do you mean my having to sit on my hands all night?

Yes, it was hard because when there's chemistry I usually go straight for it. I can be very forward when I want to be. After all, I'm a mature woman who knows what she wants and goes after it.

BUT

He is a colleague that I have to work with for years to come. How do I know he won't shoot off his mouth to everyone with all the tantalizing details? I don't know him well enough to take that kind of risk just yet. So SLOW is the word for me right now.

But, yes, restraint isn't my forte so yesterday I really outdid myself!

i wouldnt be worried so much about the age, more about the work. you know what colegues are like with information sometimes, id say give it a go look out for genuine qualites, someting thats not put on or suave, dont give into the old 'heave ho' untill after u get to know him, he will respect you more and then even if things go a bit crazy on date 2 or 3 , you havent lost any dignaty. good luck and i wish u all the best, i dated girls 7&9 years my seinor, worked out well we got on great only i had some relationship learning to do and i messed things up for myself.awww

• Author

Thanks Padder.

My gut feeling is telling me to take it nice and slow. No rush. If there is a second date,well, fine. If not that's fine, too.

Don't worry about the messing up. There isn't a person in the world who doesn't mess up occassionally. That's how we learn!

Thanks Padder.

My gut feeling is telling me to take it nice and slow. No rush. If there is a second date,well, fine. If not that's fine, too.

Don't worry about the messing up. There isn't a person in the world who doesn't mess up occassionally. That's how we learn!

Oh Marlena darling! I am so happy to know that you had a marvelous time! :love:

You're absolutely right - there's no rushing this. Oh I think this isn't the last time we're going to hear of Mr. Belgium, are we? ;):)

If you do get physical, you'll both say " why didn't we do this sooner".

If the physical goes bad....then what's the difference if it happens today or 3 months from now?

I'd guess you definately want to sleep with him, if that is so, just do it now. It will make the good better and the bad (if any) will be no worse than it would be later.

• Author

Perfectly. I had a lovely time. I saw him at work and we talked for a while and he mentioned going to see "Atonement" together some time soon. Of course I said that that would be wonderful, so we'll see. Like we all said, "nice and slow." In my last relationship, things progressed to fast too soon and we all know where that got me! So, the motto is "nice and slow."

Perfectly. I had a lovely time. I saw him at work and we talked for a while and he mentioned going to see "Atonement" together some time soon. Of course I said that that would be wonderful, so we'll see. Like we all said, "nice and slow." In my last relationship, things progressed to fast too soon and we all know where that got me! So, the motto is "nice and slow."

Oh man, I heard "atonement" sucked, big time....

Just read all this thread so pretty late in here - but, I think it's great you went!

I saw a guy from work for a while, it did get physical, and then we decided not to take it any further (not because of work). But I don't regret it at all, it was fun, and we're now better friends for it!

And even if it did go wrong, I like the saying, "I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven't"

Anyway, sounds like it;s going great! Good luck!

Update:

I won't bore you with the sizzling details (just kidding) but my date with Mr. Belgium went super great. He picked me up from home, complimented me on my appearance and handed me one single, beautiful red rose. We dined at a wonderful place with a view of the sea and the city by night. Very romantic. After that, we went to a jazz club and and had an after dinner drink. We talked about everything under the sun except work. He was the perfect gentleman. No hanky panky but his body language spoke volumes. As did mine. He drove me home and gave me a peck on the cheek before he opened the car dooor for me. We said good night and agreed to do it again some time.

So, I guess we'll see where it goes from there.

[swoons]

sounds like a perfect first date.

• Author

Hi Stun,

Yes, it was exciting. He made me feel very special. I think we might be going to see a film some time very soon.

I hope you are feeling better.:)

And so begins another drama here on LS. :D

I look forward to the progression of this relationship.

I certainly hope it all goes well for you, but now that you involved us in the decision process, please KEEP us involved.

And so begins another drama here on LS. :D

I look forward to the progression of this relationship.

I certainly hope it all goes well for you, but now that you involved us in the decision process, please KEEP us involved.

Come on.. James... Marlena is old enough and she's smart.. she won't fall for this hottie.. she just want to have fun.

Didn't you know that :

Girls just wanna have fun... :laugh:

• Author
And so begins another drama here on LS.

This had me in stitches! James darling, not to worry. I know you'll be there to pick up the pieces!! Did I ever tell you that I love men who wear white shirts and ties? Honestly. :)

she won't fall for this hottie.. she just want to have fun.

Ah. Lizzie!! Can't hide a thing from you, can I?:bunny::)

Come on.. James... Marlena is old enough and she's smart.. she won't fall for this hottie.. she just want to have fun.

Didn't you know that :

Girls just wanna have fun... :laugh:

I know, I know. I certainly did not mean that comment as an insult to Marlena. It was kinda tongue in cheek.

And yes, she CAN just have fun. It IS possible.

Oh, that song...thanks for bringing back some great memories. :love: Why do we have to get old? :(

• Author

Oh, that song...thanks for bringing back some great memories. Why do we have to get old?

....so we can remember songs life girls just wanna have fun!

Or how about ....

what do you get when you fall in love?

Υou get another germ to catch pneumonia...lalala...:laugh::laugh:

Hey Marlena! So, have you gone on a second date? How have interactions at work been? Hope you're doing well and staying happy and in the moment!

....so we can remember songs life girls just wanna have fun!

Or how about ....

what do you get when you fall in love?

Υou get another germ to catch pneumonia...lalala...:laugh::laugh:

Hey,

What happened with office guy?

Things went flat?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Ariadne,

Just saw your question on my thread.

He asked me out again last Friday but I said I had already made plans for the weekend.

Why? Well, he was flirting with a couple of other girls so I decided I am not going to make this easy for him.

Besides, I have my eyes on someone else at work. We'll see.

Who cares, really?