Divorce after 27 years

We had our settlement meeting with the stbex and our attourneys. I wanted the house and got it. I got most of the content. When she wanted one of the hdtv big screen I let her keep her new laptop instead. But I get the house !!! I designed it, rebuilt it and maintain it.It's mine.

On next monday or tuesday her attourney will have everything written and when she comes back from F***ing her boyfriend in Boston she will sign and so will I. It goes to the judge and then its all over.

It's been almost 2 months since she had her announcement. I'm down to 155lbs and look pretty darn good if you ask me. I have a new life with new friends. We go places and do things together. People have been coming out of the woodwork and giving me great support. Its all good and I'm doing so much better.

Thanks For listening to me all these weeks.

Jeffrey

Damned right! :mad: Get your Happy ass busy living your life!!

Or get get your Happy ass "a" busy dying!

JUST THAT PLAIN!

JUST THAT SIMPLE! :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

It's been 11 weeks since my wife left me. The pain is gone replaced with moments of Happiness, Fear, Anger, and Resentment. Basically just uncomfortable meets happiness and gratitude. May sound crazy but it’s only been 11 weeks and the divorce is almost final. It should be done by the end of April if not sooner. We’ve agreed in writing and are ready to sign then it goes to the Judge and that’s it.

I'm going to be ok. I bought a new mattress to be delivered 1 week after I move back in to the house. (The stbex is moving 1.25 hrs south). I will repaint the ceiling and 4 walls in the master bedroom, clean the carpet and switch the furniture around, remove the mirror from the triple dresser and hang the 32inch lcd on the wall. When I can afford it I will pull out the carpet and lay down pergo.

I'll take out my frustrations on the wooden shelves with a sledge hammer in the closet, rip everything out, and replace it with modules and so on.

For those of you going through this who were taken by surprise. I have come from contemplating suicide ( I'm just not the suicide type ) to signing up for a cooking class and even have dating options (even though I'm just not ready to start dating). The pain is gone, replaced by underlying uncomfortable feelings. (Sure beats being in pain). Remember that when so many people tell you "This too shall pass" it’s true.

Good Luck to you all and thanks for listening to me.

Jeffrey

Edited by jeffrey_e

OOOOOOORRAAAAHHH!

Get some!

Get out there and rub a little sunshine on your face!

WOW a thinner, better looking guy that is learning how to cook, you will be beating the gals off once you are ready to get back into that game. :cool:;)

I know it wasn't your idea for the divorce but it takes two to make a marriage work & when the other person would rather take the easy road there is nothing you can do.

You are learning, growing, she just jumped that fence to the greener grass, which at some point will start looking pretty brown & then she will look back & the side she came from will be nice & green but it will be to late. HER LOSS!!!;)

I think that is a great idea to do some remodeling around the house, make it your home. You can paint it any color you want, do anything you want to it.

Think outside your box, it can be a lot of fun!!!!