Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Well, look up. I keep suggesting the Shack create a Lovers' Shack or a Shack Meet or something similar since it's likely that people here might like people here. Then again, there is speculation the mods are using the Shack as their own hunting grounds and therefore reserving any likely prey for themselves LOL.

;)

:laugh:

Bertology, was it?

2SidestoStories
Well, look up. I keep suggesting the Shack create a Lovers' Shack or a Shack Meet or something similar since it's likely that people here might like people here.

I'm telling you, I'm ALL for that! LOL

Then again, there is speculation the mods are using the Shack as their own hunting grounds and therefore reserving any likely prey for themselves LOL.

Hmmmmm......

originally posted by Curt

I can only speak from experience.

As can I, and to the best of my ability to say it at this point, there may be no such thing (beyond on an internet forum!) as an "honest, real man who is romantic, good with people, etc."

Maybe we nice folks who have been tossed in the dirt one time too many have raised our standards too high? :confused:

Ah, sure there are, Beth. It's just that while we were marrying the wrong ones, the savvy women snatched up the good ones. Only thing to do is wait for the divorces and catch 'em on the rebound LOL.

2SidestoStories
the savvy women snatched up the good ones. Only thing to do is wait for the divorces and catch 'em on the rebound LOL.

Wait...if the women are so savvy, they wouldn't let the fellows go, would they!?

They were savvy enough to find and catch 'em, but not necessarily savvy enough to retain the relationships.

What're ya trying to do; ruin a perfectly good cynical theory? :laugh:

Originally posted by moimeme

Well, here's the thing. I have run into more than a couple of guys who insist they are 'nice guys' but who were nothing of the kind, including my recent ex who was argumentive, oppositional, and no fun at all ever. He made unkind remarks about people and behaved very selfishly, yet he was utterly convinced that he was nice. People can be very good about deceiving themselves, you know.

How do you know you are a nice guy? Do you have lots of friends who love you? Do people tell you you're a really nice guy? If you are labouring under the impression you are nice but haven't got any proof (such as compliments from others), then best re-evaluate your opinion of you. Could be you need some improvement in a few areas.

Just a thought.

I don't really know if I am or not but I believe I'm a nice person. I'm not religious or anything but I don't make unkind remarks or laugh at other people’s misfortune. But I do know some real nasty, violent guys who don't seem to have any trouble attracting the ladies :confused:.

I won’t change who I am, if that means I’ll be alone for the rest my short existence (only 60 years or so left) so be it.

2SidestoStories
I won’t change who I am, if that means I’ll be alone for the rest my short existence (only 60 years or so left) so be it.

Such a terrific attitude! :) If I were one of those folks to assume everything about a person based on a single statement (which I don't actually often do.) I would vote that you're definitely a nice guy. However, it doesn't seem like you're 'finishing last' at all!