Boyfriend may be on cocaine...have some questions

• Author
Whoopsy!! ;)

Hmmm... just for perspective, both my husband and I blow our noses every morning and I can assure you we haven't been doing coke!! :laugh: Actually I don't even know why, it's just something that's happened the older I've got. I have to blow my nose in the morning....! :confused:

(Edited to add: Ok, I googled to try and find out why, and found a Sneeze Fetish Forum!!! WTF!)

YOU really just married ? you all look so happy. congrats! hope you really do live happy ever after.

YOU really just married ? you all look so happy. congrats! hope you really do live happy ever after.

We sure are! Thank you! :bunny:

I hope you manage to sort things out with your bf. Perhaps the best thing really is to try and discuss it with him. Open communication goes a long way in a relationship. :)

• Author

hi its me again with more questions i think my boy friend was high yesterday wasnt hyper or anything but was very realaxed with his eyes almost going in back of his hed and he wasnt sleepy it was only7:00pm. anyway my question is do you get hungry when high can you eat or will you throw up? :confused:

alley39, Honey, it is my opinion that any more advice given here could mislead you into thinking you can have some influence over the situation. You cannot!

You are obviously very young, very innocent, and lacking the immense educational background needed to counsel your boy friend with any degree of success.

The only decision you should be making here is weather or not you want to have people wondering whats wrong with you!

In no uncertan terms should you continue in that relationship!

Terminate it! Tell him you aren't impressed with his recent decline!

Tell him to never come around you in that state of mind again!

This has become a matter of liability!

Your failure to put your foot down will cause him to think he's getting away with it!

Don't be an enabler!

I'm not some yahoo yanking your chain!

What he's doing will change his life forever, and not in a good way!

What he's doing will also change your life forever, and not in a good way!

Is that what you want... your life to be destroyed?

Be a woman and put your foot down!

Edited by Always Wrong
hi its me again with more questions i think my boy friend was high yesterday wasnt hyper or anything but was very realaxed with his eyes almost going in back of his hed and he wasnt sleepy it was only7:00pm. anyway my question is do you get hungry when high can you eat or will you throw up? :confused:

No, you don't get hungry when you are high on cocaine. It is an appetite suppressant.

But you can eat, and if you do, you won't throw up.

Why don't you just ask him about it?

• Author

well you know what i did and we are getting seperated he is not my bf hes my husband of 11years yea you think iwould know somthing about drug use right well i dont any way we are going our seperate ways i cant live with someone using drugs cant take it anymore!!!!! have 3kids!

Well, does that mean he is using or not?

People hide all sorts of stuff for varying lengths of time from their spouses, it doesn't make you a bad wife, it makes HIM a bad husband, so don't blame yourself for not "seeing the signs", especially seeing as you didn't even really know what the signs were.

Surely there is more to this than him doing drugs sometimes. Is it that he is doing them ALL the time, or he is more interested in going out etc than staying at home?

What reasons did he give for wanting to separate?

C'mon alley... you started out sounding like a little girl and ended up sounding like a wife in a state of panic?

I'm confused, and drugs scare me... from way more experience than I'd care to share here.

Please be truthful with us.

I'll only offer advice from my personal experiences.

The majority of people here are offering advice from their life experiences.

They can help. I know! They helped me! And it was easy! Just be truthful...

Edited by Always Wrong
  • Author

you know I really do belive he is on drugs but he will not admit it. I told him he had to move out. Its not only suspition of drug use its his attitude, he is controlling, he treats me like krap somthimes well most of the time doesnt treat my kids right swears to them and i dont like that. anyways Ifeel so sad and lonely right know I really dont want him to leave because I do love him am so use to him but I had enough. yesterday we went to town to wtch a movie my husband and i and daughter everything was fine until i asked him what movie we were going to watch and he just freaked for no reason he just has these mood swings all of a sudden he told me he wasnt going to tell me what we were going to watch because i ruen every thing i just felt like crap at that moment even my daughter says that i ruen everythingand that iam know fun so what do i say to that i just fell so depresed i dont know what to do any more somtimes i just want to die it sounds awful but its the truth.. so i even gave my notice at work i just feel so stressed out i need to get away dont know where im going or what im going or what im gonna do but i need to do SOMTHING!!!!!!!!! or i will go NUTS!! :(

Cocaine and mood swings go hand in hand...I also thought this was your bf and not husband...no difference...he needs help and you need co-dependent counseling for your own well being...that's it in a nutshell.

I'm sorry alley... it sounds like an awful time you're having. I guess even the suggestion of counseling would send him into a fit.

You know, you can go to an abuse counselor without him. Maybe some one-on-one counseling would help you feel better. You don't deserve being treated like that... noone does.

• 4 weeks later...
have questions about cocaine use ? do you get a runny nose all the time ? do the corners of the nose get red ? do you rub nose alot? do you get hpper or realaxed when high and dinking beer and snorting ? HELP??

yes! yes to all of those.

my boyfriend and i met in recovery and he just went into rehab sunday morning because HE DID ALL THOSE THINGS and guess what, it was coocaine. it wasn't a two-month-long cold, which he tried saying it was.

your nose feels really runny, your face gets numb, the corners of your nose get red yes, it bleeds a lot, drymouth, and hyper all the time. you feel like your heart's going to pound out of your chest.

tread lightly cos he sounds like he's using coke.

your nose feels really runny, your face gets numb, the corners of your nose get red yes, it bleeds a lot, drymouth, and hyper all the time. you feel like your heart's going to pound out of your chest.

Sheeeeesh. Where do people get this stuff from?

These things can happen SOMETIMES.

• 4 weeks later...

I TOTALLY know what you are going through alley. Unfortunately I did find out that my husband was doing cocaine. It NEVER crossed my mind because he worked for a company that does random drug testing & he has a security clearance. It gave me a false sense of hope, I suppose. I too am not wise either when it comes to knowing the signs either. We are now getting divorced after catching him cheating the second time. (My stbx also drinks.) His friends, drugs, alcohol, & the OW was more important than his family. I'm sorry you are going through this. (((HUG TO YOU))) It WILL make you crazy if you stay & he doesn't seek help....I know that also!

• 2 weeks later...

tread lightly cos he sounds like he's using coke.

Firstly I want to say 'thanks' for this forum. The reason I am here is that I met this fantastic man who all of a sudden had this really strange mood swing. After having an amazing time after meeting a couple friend of his he just took me aside and said that he is crazy about me and really falling for me ect and that it meant so much to him that not only he and I get on so well but that he friends loved me. He wanted to carry on with the date so we did. Met more of his friends and had a great time talking to them then when he came back from that bathroom he asked me to sit on his lap...went into some rant about how he again loves how I get along with his friends to well but when we go on vaca together he will get really jealous if I talk to other people.."Im just warning you", he said. Then of course I tried to reassure him that would never happen in a loving manner and he just started saying "f you f you f you..." Then took my face in his hand and said how "lovely" I was...I became uncomfortable and simply said "oh, stop"... he then yells across the bar to some guy asking if he would 'f***" me. I was shocked. So much more happened like him banging on a ladies room door because I was waiting to enter then fighting with the womans husband apparently when I was in the ladiesroom... he then started crying about his father dying and other personal stuff regarding his relationship with his father on and on.. The next day I made him a nice dinner as he said his stomach was hurting him again. Its always upset which I understand is a sign of cocaine abuse I later found out today(true??).. I asked him about the night and why he was yelling at me and swearing etc... never once did I raise my voice..just a general question and he kicked me out of his house. "Grow up...stop being such a baby... Im a 40 year old man and will saying 'f you'...get out." Like jekyll and hyde! We have not spoken since. Just a text message from him wondering if I am okay.... I have not seen or spoken to him in 2 weeks, but Im worried. His ex-wife and him apparently did do coke in the past, and apparently she is the one who started the whole thing.. but I guess my question is... what can I do to help. Im afraid that if I approach him he will just get all crazy on me again. But I cant just sit by and watch him do this to himself. Sorry for the blinding paragraph... I just dont know what to do...