What To About The Lingering Past

During college I made a huge mistake and slept with a girl I hardly new. Even better she got pregnant. Well the story gets even better when I slept with her while having a long time girlfriend. This all happened quite some time ago, actually 9 years ago but I never found out she was pregnant until this year. It sounds crazy but it's true. I have tracked her down and have asked her which wasn't the easier thing I have ever done. I have also told my now wife that I did cheat before marriage and she has forgiven me. The girl I cheated with said the pregnancy was terminated by miscarriage early on. I have not seen her since and don't know whether to just let it go at that or find out for sure what happened. I would think she would have told me about the kid if there was one. Let me know what you think and what I should do. My wife and I have already dealt with the problems of our past and would like to leave them there. Please what to do? If there is a kid I would like to take care of my responsibilities.

I would try to contact the old girlfriend and let her know that if she had a kid, you are there to help if she needs it. Since it has been 9 years and you are married, I wouldn't push to hard to find out. If there is a kid, she is obviosly managing well without you. There might also be a father figure already in the child's life.

Can you afford a private investigator? Let him find out, you keep out of it for the time being.

No, I can't afford that but she did tell me that there was no kid, but why do feel as though there is. I truly hope there isn't anything to worry about, but if I'm a dad I would like to know this.

I am searching for birth records but coming up empty or records no up to date. I will have to ask her again, not being too forceful but just to let her know if she needs any help to ask. I really don't know this girl and I even had trouble remembering her last name. Sounds bad but I was a one night stand in college.

ThisGirlNameKD

Well, atleast you came clean with your wife and you're owning up to your responsibility....except, there may not be any child to be responsible for. I think you'd do a good thing if you contact her and ask her again just for your sake. If there is a child and she doesn't want you to have anything to do with it, what are you going to do?