confused321

Ok to make a long story short, the guy I used to like (well I still like him but I have moved on) talks to me almost everyday, mostly on aim. He broke it off with me after 6 months because he met someone else. I never really did the chasing thing, I just kinda accepted it and tried to move on by staying busy.

Well basically he kept talking to me on aim (after he said he wanted to lay low), he would initiate most of the conversations, and lately he has started drunk dialing me. I wont lie, I feel special because he came to me and not the other way around. He never even talks about this other girl he met, hasnt mentioned her once in 2 months we have been broken up (I mean I dont even think he is seeing anyone or else he would mention her?). I recently suggested to him that I want to hang out and he agreed but has stood me up twice now. I mean I am sick of talking and want to hang out, thats all, no agenda. What I dont get is he keeps texting and messaging me on aim, especially now that I have really backed off after he has stood me up.

What is the point of him talking to me on aim all the time but not in real life. When he is drunk he calls me and admits how much he still likes me and how he has feelings for me etc etc but when he is sober he is like afraid? Like he will talk to me but wont make any moves or take action. I know he likes me still, but I am kinda getting sick of us just talking online. I am not reading into anything btw, especially since its just mostly online talking, and some drunk phone calls, but why keep talking to me if you are going to stand me up/possibly not want anything to begin with? Also our online conversations are not just 5 minute talks, they go on for hours almost nightly...they are fun, interesting, flirty, friendly, and enjoyable.

What should I do? Any advice? I mean I just am sick of talking online to him so what can I do to kinda make things not so boring. Frankly, I am losing more and more interest (even for a friendship) and I see no point in talking online if he wont want to hang out, especially if he keeps initiating and agreeing to hang out. Help please, Thanks and Merry Xmas.

Edited by confused321

My thinking is that if he was truly interested in you and in having a friendship with you, then he would not have stood you up even once :mad:

His behaviour could just be a way to create drama/tension within you, so that if he ever does show up you'll just feel so blessed and thankful that you'll do whatever it takes.

He is treating you meanly and disrespectfully. The part of you that is losing interest in anything to do with him has recognized this...and it (the part) knows you deserve more and better.

Sending hugs and good wishes.

• Author
My thinking is that if he was truly interested in you and in having a friendship with you, then he would not have stood you up even once :mad:

His behaviour could just be a way to create drama/tension within you, so that if he ever does show up you'll just feel so blessed and thankful that you'll do whatever it takes.

He is treating you meanly and disrespectfully. The part of you that is losing interest in anything to do with him has recognized this...and it (the part) knows you deserve more and better.

Sending hugs and good wishes.

thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I get what your saying but why does he keep talking to me, I mean I dont initiate conversations. I just really am getting bored with this aim talking...I don't want any form of an online relationship, and that includes acquaintences/friendships.

Also why stand someone up twice yet talk to them on aim that same night, both conversations initiated by him. Btw, his phone has been off all week for some strange reason but he wont tell me why...what is going on?

Edited by confused321
  • Author

ok so the ex calls on Xmas, we chat a bit. We agree to hang out Dec 26. He texts me at 1 "where are u at" since I was supposed to call him at 11 so we could figure out what we are doing. I got caught up doing things and figured since he stood me up he can wait for me to call but to my surprise he texted me first. So here is where things get weird. After I get the text I call him and we agree on what to do. After just getting off the phone I called him right back because I forgot to ask him something and he goes before we meet up I have to go to the gym first so I said that was cool because I still had to shower and get some stuff done. I told him to call me when he is out of the gym. 53 minutes later he sends me a text saying "can we hang tomorrow instead" so I replied with an "ok" and he sends another text back saying "something came up, I will call u later" I did not respond to this text. He never called me "later" either. I was happy he at least cancelled this time but to cancel thru a text 53 min after you are supposed to be at the gym? I mean why does this guy keep saying he wants to hang out but something always comes up? Could he be seeing someone else?

I know he doesnt care about me as much as I do but come on, why the hell keep wanting to meet up then cancel and why keep contacting me at all if your not interested. Can someone please tell me what could be going on? I want to ask him what is going on but I also dont want him to think I care to much if you all know what I mean.:confused: