Need advise on a friend

Well I messed up a few months ago by allowing my friend to buy my old $530 digital camera for only $100. I went ahead and let her have it thinking soon she'd be paying for it.

That was few months ago, I have yet to get any payment for it. She has said a few times she had part of the payment, but I never got anything. Everytime I ask her about it she gets annoyed saying "You know I can't afford it, I'm waiting for my paycheck" and lastly I said to her last night that I need that money, plus she owes me another $30 because she needed to borrow to buy stuff a week ago.

I'm starting to get tired of it and every time I ask her she comes out being all offended and annoyed I keep asking her. I tell her I have every right to ask, what would you do ? She's the type of person that only has her unique point of view, she has excuses for everything and no matter what she always right - in her mind.

Well, I hope you've learned your lesson about doing business with friends. You'll never see that money. However, if she still has the camera get it back from her for nonpayment and sell it on eBay for $130 or more...and call the debt with her cancelled. She has a lot of nuts asking you for another $30 when she's made no effort to pay you the original $100.

Don't loan anymore money out to friends or whoever. And don't sell them anything with a payment schedule. That's the same as loaning them money.

If you must loan somebody money, no matter who it is, make sure they give you collateral equal to three times the value of the money you loan them. If they don't pay, you made out OK. If it's a friend, the friendship won't be damaged.

Best thing is to not do anykind of business with friends, period!

sisterwhocares

i would kindly ask to have the digital camera back until she could afford to pay for it. when you trust a friend should your trust be rewarded?