She cheated but what now...

pensfan

• Author
What I see is that you have grown apart. I also think that she may have wanted you back only for the financial security.

Have you sat down and discussed how you both feel?

We try to, but I think that we both have a mental block, I see MC as our only hope. During arguments, she cannot stay on topic and she is like a bull dog. As soon as you feel you get your point across, she brings up something that made her mad 2 months ago. My problem is that I tend to get less articulate, and say something that isn't well thought out. And when you have to defend yourself on more than one topic, I start to get pissed and then say something that gets me in trouble again. The way I am is that I blow up on something, I vent and then it is over. I can be forgiving. With her, she does not let you know something bothers her until she can unleash everything all at once, but it is never over. She remembers something I said 5 years ago. Very frustrating.

• 1 month later...
Why do the men always believe they will lose their kids? You're not the one at fault here.

It doesn't matter. My attorney said I could have fought for custody, but unless she is clearly an unfit mother, not matter if I thought so or not because of her infidelity, that the chances of me getting the kids were slim to none. So I decided, what good would it do both of my kids to drag it through a huge custody battle, run both of us into debt, and I'd still probably lose custody?

A wife could be the worst adulterer in the world. If she wants custody, she will get it unless she is s drug abuser, abuses the kids, etc.

No matter how much I feel infidelity should cause the perpetrator to lose some rights in that regard, the courts don't see it that way.