Mentality of a 40ish going after 20ish women?

Blue Eyed Brain

• Author
Blue Eyed Brain
If there wasn't any truth in my statement then why do we have women of all ages trying to maintain the youthfulness they had in their 20's and 30's and men buying the scores of monthly publications that advertise scantly clad women in their 20's and 30's. If men just weren't attracted to that then the magazines wouldn't exist at all. By no means am I blaming men, for our society's obsession with being, looking and acting young. The way I see it some people just have it and some people just don't.

Wow, this is so wrong. Women use these products for themselves, not for men. I use moisturizer to make my skin feel and look softer because that's what I want.

As for men buying mags of half naked women on the covers, well, the mag is targeting their primal instincts and simple nature. I guess that's why Sports Illustrated sells more than National Geographic.:o

Racquel Colette
I work with a lot of never been married, 40ish guys that are constantly talking a bout any 20 something that walks by at the cleaners, restaurant, bartender, etc.

What is the mentality of a man trying to go for a woman whom is 15 to 20 years younger?

Just because they are pointing out attractive younger women doesn't mean they are going after them.

Citizen Erased
I think I have issues with much older men or women targeting anyone under the age of 26. I guess I see it as predatory behaviour, since most (not all) younger people, aren't sufficiently emotionally developed or experienced enough to handle someone who has a lot more experience. Once you hit that magical maturity level of 26, you're fair game for anyone. Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule, aka a mature 21 year-old or an immature 27/40 year-old.

Once more, age in life v. stage in life.

Why 26? It just seems very specific to me... just curious :p

Racquel Colette
...attract some feeble men if that's the case. Perhaps there's something in the water up there in the frozen north that shouldn't be.

Out of deference to your "experience" I'll forbear any mention of the obvious superiority of manhood here in the colonies! :rolleyes:

I hate to say it but Lizzie has a point about holding on the hard-on. I haven't slept with someone that old but I have had men tell that 50ish is when the lasting power starts diminishing. It's just a biological fact and nothing to get defensive about. It is also true that menopause causes loss of wetness in women, so again, nothing to get defensive about, it's just biology.

I hate to say it but Lizzie has a point about holding on the hard-on. I haven't slept with someone that old...

...maybe you should! :p

The statistics/studies, etc. are probably median rather than average. There can be a huge difference.

Trust me, my dear, I'm not at all defensive. I simply don't like generalizations regardless of the subject matter. Beyond that, I'm quite comfortable with both my strengths AND my limitations but the latter, if any, certainly didn't appear in my 50s.

Why 26? It just seems very specific to me... just curious :p

I'm sure you've probably heard about the magical age of 25, where after that, men and women are a little more settled and have grown to understand themselves a bit more. Since it's after that, one more year is 26. ;)

Citizen Erased
I'm sure you've probably heard about the magical age of 25, where after that, men and women are a little more settled and have grown to understand themselves a bit more. Since it's after that, one more year is 26. ;)

I guess I just don't buy into it, but yeah okay then :)

I guess I just don't buy into it, but yeah okay then :)

There's no generalization that you can pidgeon-hole everyone into, which is why I mentioned the mature 21 year-old and the immature 27/40 year-old.

Much of it has to do with personality and as also referenced, stage in life. If you're still being sheltered by your parents, living at home or having all your schooling/living expenses paid for, your perception of the world will be a little different than someone who's had to fight tooth and nail to make a living.

Once again, there will be exceptions to this as well.