HS Senior Situation (Very LONG) Need Insight From All

almosthere

• Author
Listen to this man.

Between classes or at your locker, tell her you heard it was her birthday the other day, wish her a belated happy birthday, and ask her if she did anything fun to celebrate. Converse with her for a bit and then tell her you have to leave, but that it was fun talking to her, and that you should get together for coffee later or something. If she declines, say "Alright, fair enough" and move on. If she says yes, obviously, you're in.

Coffee. LOL. I am 17. But I get the idea. I don't want to do it THAT way just yet. I need to be SURE she will say yes. I should be able to find that out by next week.

Coffee. LOL. I am 17. But I get the idea. I don't want to do it THAT way just yet. I need to be SURE she will say yes. I should be able to find that out by next week.

You gonna sneak into her house and read her diary or something? You can't be sure unless you ask the girl in question, man. High school girls are flaky as hell - even if her friends tell you it's a sure thing, that's hardly a guarantee. The only way to know for sure is to ask yourself. Besides, what are you gonna do if her friends tell you not to bother?

Coffee. LOL. I am 17. But I get the idea. I don't want to do it THAT way just yet. I need to be SURE she will say yes.

The level of certainty you need will never exist.

You don't need to be certain she'll says yes... you need to be more certain about yourself. However, at age 17 this may be impossible for you.

• Author

Tell me if this sounds good. I ask her to come to a Philadelphia 76'ers (basketball) game with me, and try to get one of her friends and their boyfriend to come. It would be an hour and a half drive, a lot of time to talk, and a comfortable environment. I think maybe I should ask her if she wants to go, and if she says yes I will ask her what day(s) are good and then I will buy the tickets. This idea struck me last night, and it seems perfect. Anyone else think this would be good?

Tell me if this sounds good. I ask her to come to a Philadelphia 76'ers (basketball) game with me, and try to get one of her friends and their boyfriend to come. It would be an hour and a half drive, a lot of time to talk, and a comfortable environment. I think maybe I should ask her if she wants to go, and if she says yes I will ask her what day(s) are good and then I will buy the tickets. This idea struck me last night, and it seems perfect. Anyone else think this would be good?

Hold that idea for the third or fourth date (assuming she likes sporting events).

For the first date, I think you'll do better going somewhere closer to home where you can meet up there, hang out for a while and then go somewhere else or just go your separate ways if it's not going so well. Before you part company that night, you try to set up more of a real date for later. For instance, meet up for coffee or pizza or something, and then go play miniature golf or something. I know, it sounds lame, but it has worked for me on a few occasions in the past.

blueberry sundae

I disagree that high school girls are as flaky as hell, they are notoriously a lot more mature than high school boys. I know a lot of solid, grounded high school girls who really have it together.

I also disagree that you should hold off on the basketball game until for or five dates. Your friends will be there so that will be more casual. I say go for it. It is a more unusual type first date, awesome. I am female so I can say that this is a great first date.

• Author

Now the girls I said I would talk to at study hall essentially said this:

One girl believes they won't break up for awhile

The other girl says they seem like they are a good match, but anything can happen

They said asking her out while she has a boyfriend, with whom they THINK things are going well, is a "meh" idea

I still have no real chances to talk to her

And my real problem...

I can't stop thinking about her. I want to be able to but I just can't. It is actually like depressing me or making me mad. I like her that much that I can't stop thinking about her, and mainly, if and when she will break up with her boyfriend now. From what I am hearing, she is the type who has a hard time breaking up with anyone. She dated some guy for four years and this kid now she has "talked" to for a few years but only recently did they start dating. If she likes her current boyfriend so much now, wouldn't she have dated him earlier?

Again, I wish I could stop obsessing over her, but I like her that much. I almost want one of her friends to hint it to her. Maybe if I find out that she doesn't like me I won't care anymore? Help please, I mean, I have had crushes or whatever before but I CANNOT stop thinking about her. My parents asked me why I was so "moody" the past few weeks and I feel it might be because of this whole situation. Thanks for any and all help.

What do you want from us? All I can tell you now is that you're well on your way to being emo.

I cannot even imagine how much you would dwell on rejection if this is the level you obsess over any other minor detail.