15 years age difference

I am married to a man who is 42, I am 27. Healthwise he is relatively 25. He is tall, modelesque, IQ 167, an incredible artist and very charismatic. The age difference feels minor to me for he is youthful and our circle of friends range from 19 to 70. His natural aesthetics allow him to pass for someone in his early thirties. We have been together since I was 18.

The main problem is he is currently in prison for a minor non-violent offense. He will be released at anytime. My family wants me to leave him and find someone my own age who is clean cut. I somewhat want to seperate from him because he has high expectations that I never seem to live up to. He tends to lecture me like a student. I never feel like I am in an equal partnership with him. The hard part is that there are very few men of his beauty and intellect who would want to go out with an above average yet socially awkward person like me.

I don't mean to lecture or preach...

BUT.

Don't stay with a man b/c you fear what is out there. That's the worst thing you can do to yourself. You are not doing yourself (or your husband) by thinking like this. If he's been in prison for a while...perhaps you might take this time to see if there is anything worth salvaging in the relationship. And if there isn't...well, then you need to figure out where to go from there.

The hard part is that there are very few men of his beauty and intellect who would want to go out with an above average yet socially awkward person like me.

This is absolutely the wrong reason to stay with someone. You've already said that you're not happy with how he treats you, and you're feeling that you'd like to move on. So stop selling yourself short and move on!

Listen, I stayed in my marriage way too long because I felt my wife was "the best someone like me could do". Now I realize how wrong I was, but it's too late. We have small children to raise, and I'm not going anywhere.

Believe that there is someone out there who's right for you, and who will love you for exactly who you are. Maybe they won't be as smart or beautiful as your current man, but they'll treat you right and accept you. I know this sounds trite, but believe me - this is the voice of experience talking!

Ocean is right!

Why put up with crap because you think this guy is good looking? If he is in prison he cant be that smart.

Do not fear the unkown! Dont let that stop you from bieng happy!