Seeing what God does

• Author

Normal people do not murder health care providers or fly planes into buildings.

that is islam fundamentalism :o

I said other religions are misleading people, you should ask quankanne this question:p

• Author

16:19 "There was once a rich man who dressed in the most expensive clothes and lived in great luxury every day.

16:20 There was also a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who used to be brought to the rich man's door,

16:21 hoping to eat the bits of food that fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs would come and lick his sores.

16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to sit beside Abraham at the feast in heaven. The rich man died and was buried,

16:23 (*)and in Hades,(s) where he was in great pain, he looked up and saw Abraham, far away, with Lazarus at his side.

16:24 So he called out, 'Father Abraham! Take pity on me, and send Lazarus to dip his finger in some water and cool off my tongue, because I am in great pain in this fire!'

16:25 But Abraham said, 'Remember, my son, that in your lifetime you were given all the good things, while Lazarus got all the bad things. But now he is enjoying himself here, while you are in pain.

16:26 Besides all that, there is a deep pit lying between us, so that those who want to cross over from here to you cannot do so, nor can anyone cross over to us from where you are.'

16:27 The rich man said, 'Then I beg you, father Abraham, send Lazarus to my father's house,

16:28 where I have five brothers. Let him go and warn them so that they, at least, will not come to this place of pain.'

16:29 Abraham said, 'Your brothers have Moses and the prophets to warn them; your brothers should listen to what they say.'

16:30 The rich man answered, 'That is not enough, father Abraham! But if someone were to rise from death and go to them, then they would turn from their sins.'

16:31 But Abraham said, 'If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone were to rise from death.'"

• Author
If you believe in only through Lord can get salvation, then why tell others different things?

I'm not telling anyone differently – God offers salvation, but only he knows the heart of man. Who am I to insinuate that I do? My role is to introduce others to Him … same as Christ did.

which leads to this bit of worry: If Scripture tells us that Christ descended into hell to go after souls, that would mean that even those who didn't know Christ are worthy of salvation. So morally, I cannot slam someone for their belief in God if they haven't gone through Jesus to find him!

John 3:3(1)Jesus answered, "I am telling you the truth: no one can see the Kingdom of God without being born again."

3:4 "How can a grown man be born again?" Nicodemus asked. "He certainly cannot enter his mother's womb and be born a second time!"

3:5 "I am telling you the truth," replied Jesus, "that no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.

3:6 A person is born physically of human parents, but is born spiritually of the Spirit.

3:7 Do not be surprised because I tell you that you must all be born again. (e)

3:8 The wind blows wherever it wishes; you hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. It is like that with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

3:9 "How can this be?" asked Nicodemus.

3:10 Jesus answered, "You are a great teacher in Israel, and you don't know this?

3:11 I am telling you the truth: we speak of what we know and report what we have seen, yet none of you is willing to accept our message.

3:12 (*)You do not believe me when I tell you about the things of this world; how will you ever believe me, then, when I tell you about the things of heaven?

3:13 (*)And no one has ever gone up to heaven except the Son of Man, who came down from heaven."(f)

3:14 (*)As Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the desert, in the same way the Son of Man must be lifted up,

3:15 so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

3:16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life.

3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior.

3:18 Those who believe in the Son are not judged; but those who do not believe have already been judged, because they have not believed in God's only Son.

3:19 This is how the judgment works: the light has come into the world, but people love the darkness rather than the light, because their deeds are evil.

3:20 Those who do evil things hate the light and will not come to the light, because they do not want their evil deeds to be shown up.

3:21 But those who do what is true come to the light in order that the light may show that what they did was in obedience to God.

that is islam fundamentalism :o

I said other religions are misleading people, you should ask quankanne this question:p

That is not just islam... Many christian fundamentalist have been caught acting very violently and in the name of god... This just once again shows your ignorance when it comes to these issues.

• Author
That is not just islam... Many christian fundamentalist have been caught acting very violently and in the name of god... This just once again shows your ignorance when it comes to these issues.

Do you not read the Bible? Islam has 'jihade' in their holy book, or something like that. anyway, islam focus on personal effort to achieve salvation, this is big difference

Bible teaches "love"

and I said this long before. suppose a bad person wants to do bad things, and he used the good name of God to suit his purpose. AND their flesh win over spirit, then YOU think this religion do the bad thing. about this point, you do idolize people more than you think you do, so who is ignorance here? I was ignorant before, but not after got saved and got baptised by Holy Spirit:)

anyone isn't baptised by Holy Spirit, can be called 'ignorant', well, from view point of God:p

God is perfect, and human isn't. human makes mistakes.

we believe in God, not in human who claim believe in God, you cannot use this exuse for not believing in God when you face him one day :)

Okay, here I think some non-believers cannot understand this because they don't think 'human being is born of sinful nature', they don't want to believe this, like Nassissist Personality Disorder, they have grandise version of themselves, think themselves are perfect, and cannot endure anyone tell them they aren't perfect indeed. their image for self are in fact just a delusion, and they are experiencing mental agony, and don't know where this come from

can this get through you?

Well seeing as angels are not real, zero angels could fit on the pin.

But for those who would contend that angels are real, they would be a spiritual being and have zero mass, meaning an infinite number of angels could fit on the pin.

Thank you very much St. Thomas. :rolleyes: