Happy Birthday Carrot! :P

I find it kind of self defeating if not down right self loathing to find fault, or to end a good relationship just because gosh forbid, the other party treats you well and likes you back. Maybe I should be happy that I don't understand this thinking. Although, I am beginning to recognize the people who suscribe to it.

quote]

Oh so true.

:) Undies, I wasn't trying to attack you for answers. I can see how it might have seemed that way though.

No sweat. I did not take it that way.

Boys can be so frustrating. :mad:

It would be very hard for me to go straight from blissly together, to dumped, to strange awkward friendship all in such a short span of time. I would be questioning his motives. I might also be looking to see if I fit some kind of cycle/pattern he might have.

I would be cautious.

• Author

The thing about risk takers is we take risks...

I accepted his offer of dinner and a movie. He stopped by to pick me up and as I was going out the door my neighbor's (good neighbors this time) little 4 yr old came flying out of her house yelping Carrot! Carrot!

She ran over to where I was standing with the ex and looked up at him SO imperiously. She said, Carrot is my friend. Then she asked, Are you Carrot's friend? Did you know it was her birthday this week? We had bagels.

Priceless.

He wanted to talk. I think, just to talk. Once he started, the words came tumbling out. About work, about school, about his golf lessons...

My presents are really good. Everything about them is meaningful. He chose only things I would like, nothing expensive or showy, which is perfect. The thought he put into the everything lifted the ordinary into the realm of very special.

We made fun of the movie. We whispered and laughed. We skipped dinner because I was tired and have work to do before bed.

One of the gifts is a Japanese film I've really been wanting to see in the original Japanese. I have it on order from home but he managed to find a copy. He asked, can we watch it next weekend since tonight is an early night? I said sure we can.

When we got to my place I gave him a peck on the cheek which made him smile. And I thanked him, got out of the car and went inside.

I heard him saying, See you tomorrow. I thought, No you won't. I'm teaching off site tomorrow.

Carrot really is a tired Carrot.