Introducing your girl to friends

Yellowboy

All I can say is I have friends who are in GREAT relationships, MARRIED, because they moved in on a girl who was in a relationship. I'm not advocating it or saying it is ideal, but it happens, and telling someone "I really enjoy talking with you, how an we enjoy this more?" isn't immoral at all.

In fact, I have a girl waiting for me back in SoCal. I've known her for two years. Even though I've been living in Texas, I basically stole her from her boyfriend. I know nothing substitutes face to face time, but I'm damn glad I expressed interest to her. We talk every other day, and I'll finally get to see her in a week. Nothing may happen between us, we don't know each other all that well, but I don't feel bad at all for telling her I felt attraction for her while she was in a relationship. That relationship was ending; I probably made it come to an end a couple weeks more quickly. We've always felt chemistry. It was a risk I couldn't pass up based on principals of right or wrong.

But I would NEVER flirt or interfere with a buddy. A couple years ago, I met a girl, and she had started dating a guy who was a friend, not a good one, but a friend. Her and I were flirting heavily, emailing every day. After a month, I told her "you're dating this guy, I know him, but we ARE flirting. If you like where things are going with him, we need to stop." She was SHOCKED. But we stopped and remained great friends.

• Author
Did you ask her out for dinner and under what context?

It was a dinner to celebrate her graduation. It was by no means a date and was just a friendly dinner.

But I would NEVER flirt or interfere with a buddy.

Yeah I never date my friend's ex or try to with a current GF, and I would hate to see my ex date my friend as well. I am very exclusive about who I go out with in that sense.

Speaking of the above, I didn't know the guy so maybe I wasn't as reluctant to make a move on their deteriorating relationship...