Infidelity Stats...

Being with multiple partners, if you're single, doesn't make that person a cheater either.

If you're with a married man..and you are single... it makes HIM a cheater, not you...

ok then but it does make you and enabler for him to cheat... but either way he is going to do it weather it is with you or someone else, if he wants to.

But at some point in peoples lives you have to be loyal to someone.

• Author
ok then but it does make you and enabler for him to cheat... but either way he is going to do it weather it is with you or someone else, if he wants to.

But at some point in peoples lives you have to be loyal to someone.

You need to be loyal...first to yourself...then to the people you love most...

You need to be loyal...first to yourself...then to the people you love most...

Well if being loyal to yourself means cheating then...ok

• Author
Well if being loyal to yourself means cheating then...ok

that's not what I said... if you are single you are not cheating... there is a huge difference.

that's not what I said... if you are single you are not cheating... there is a huge difference.

There are different definitions that people have in reguards to cheating.

One could argue that by being with a MM you are cheating yourself

• Author
There are different definitions that people have in reguards to cheating.

Yes, according to different people, there are different definitions of cheating... but the one that matters the most is your own...right?

You are only cheating yourself if you know you're into a dead-end relationship and refuses to admit it...

PandorasBox

I agree, there are alot of people who cheat. And some have no problem with it.

There are also, alot of people who have no problem helping those to cheat.

Stats change all the time. People have been cheating since the beginning of time.

Just my 2 cents.

You are only cheating yourself if you know you're into a dead-end relationship and refuses to admit it...

everyone learns from relationships that they are in weather good or bad

From my perspective Men love women and women love to be loved.

By remaining blindly faithful to one person are you not cheating yourself out of all the opportunities to experience other people?

By remaining blindly faithful to one person are you not cheating yourself out of all the opportunities to experience other people?

well for me personally it is one relationship at a time, plus why do they have to be sexual relationships.

Friendship is just as important.

ok Hun...maybe it is just me but I strongly dislike when men and other women call me hun...

I think you need a nap.

I am saying that you can not always rely on the numbers because you can make them seem a certian way by who you ask, in what part of the country, or the world for that matter.

Even better!

Hun, people rely on god don't they? and have nothing to go on....except some book that was written hundreds of years ago.

You gotta rely on something....

Even better!

Hun, people rely on god don't they? and have nothing to go on....except some book that was written hundreds of years ago.

You gotta rely on something....

Ok Cupcake,

I rely on my heart.

It is if you are in a committed relationship and you are exclusive to each other.

whichwayisup

Selling yourself short is more like it. By helping a MM cheat on his wife, betray his family, you're the partner in crime. And, you're giving MORE than what you get back from a regular relationship.

• Author
Selling yourself short is more like it. By helping a MM cheat on his wife, betray his family, you're the partner in crime. And, you're giving MORE than what you get back from a regular relationship.

I don't see it that way... I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

GreenEyedLady
I don't see it that way... I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I don't see it that way either...Although I think it is true of some R's...

I didn't "help"anyone do anything., hate to break it to you HE had the commitment so he cheated all on his own. I didn't hold a gun to his head to do anything he did all his doings on his own given that he was the one with the commitment, not me.

And I didn't see it as selling myself short while I was with my guy either.

The bottom line is you can't speak for everyone, this is a question between each individual and their personal needs/choices.

In many respects I even got more than what I gave him.

outofdarkness
It's been called everything from having an "improper relationship" to having an "undercover lover" to having a "freak on the side." But whatever name it's given, it means one thing -- cheating. And relationship experts say men are doing it now more than ever.

In fact, experts estimate that nearly 75 percent of married men, or men involved in serious relationships, cheat. That means three men out of every four practice infidelity, if the numbers are to be believed. And maybe even more disturbing is the simultaneous collapse of the seven-year itch, the once-disreputable length of time it was thought to normally take a man to give into sexual temptation. Today, studies show that most men who cheat are doing it within the first three years of a relationship.

Men's Health quotes statistics that suggest 50% of men cheat on their spouses.

According to the current infidelity statistics 60% of men and 40% of women are involved in extramarital affair. These figures are even more drastic when the total numbers of marriages are considered. Because it is less likely that all the men and women having extramarital affairs do happen to be married to each other. At least half of the women having affairs are married to men are not included in the 60% ofmen having affairs, then at least one partner will have an affair in about 80% of all marriages.

According to the statistics on cheating spouses, 50 to 70% of married men (between 38 and 53 million men) have cheated or will cheat on their wives. One recent study found that 2/3 of the wives (26 to 36 million women) whose husbands were cheating had no idea their husbands were having an affair - largely because they failed to recognize their cheating signs.

Married men, particularly those in long term relationships, cheat mainly because they believe that having a short-term affair will resolve any problems temporarily they have at home and prevent them from 'hurting' anyone long term.

See... I don't think I'm way off...because, in my personal stats... I consider common-law spouses as well... which are not counted in the official stats. But IMO if someone lives common law with their spouse for over 5 years, and have kids... in my book... they're just like a 'married' couple...

Plus I don't think every person is telling the truth in those surveys...

I am not throwing those numbers just to stir the pot... I truly believe that most men cheat.... they are just 'wired' that way...

The 'small head' takes over most of the time... I tested that theory... LOL

Plus if you consider all the men that say that unless there is 'penetration' there is no cheating... I have heard that before and I also read about it... or... if they pay for the service... it's not cheating... I've heard that too a few times...

Well...I guess one is might lucky to catch a good one now days!!! I too, have read these stats, but I have to disagree that men are just "wired that way"...I believe that it is largely due to the moral decay of society in general...