Single people: if you knew that you will never ever find love...

BlueEyedGirl

• Author
BlueEyedGirl

Yes melodymatters is right it was just a rhetorical question.

Also my sister has committed suicide last week and at the moment I'm a lot more negative than I normaly am. Everything just seems to be meaningless...

NightsInWhiteSatin
Would you be able to go on? And I mean if someone told you that never in your life will you experience mutual (true) love, the reason we are all here after all? And be forever stuck with unrequited love/crushes and being single or forcing yourself to be with someone you couldn't care less about? I mean would you really really really be able to have a reasonably happy existance without that?

....well it's a damn good job i don't believe everything anyone and everyone tells me and i know for sure that the future cannot be precisely predicted.

You might find love, you might not. Who knows!

You might find love tomorrow or when you're 60. Who knows!

All i know is, before i fell in love i was going to stick around to find out what all the fuss was about...and im glad i did.

When i lost that love, it hurt...i was devastated.

Now i keep thinking to myself...will i be lucky enough to find that again?

Will i ever find that again?

Im fairly pessimistic and think that i wont.

BUT....there is that chance...there is that uncertainty yes...but i think its worth sticking around for to find out....dont you?

Also, relationships arent everything...finding that love isn't everything. It's certainly something special....but it isn't the only reason to live even though at harsh times it may seem that way...but it's not.

Would you be able to go on? And I mean if someone told you that never in your life will you experience mutual (true) love, the reason we are all here after all? And be forever stuck with unrequited love/crushes and being single or forcing yourself to be with someone you couldn't care less about? I mean would you really really really be able to have a reasonably happy existance without that?

I'm not single, but I feel like responding to this.

Yeah, I would be able to move on. Never depend on someone else for your happiness.

I wouldn't force myself to be with someone that I didn't care about. Thats just silly.

electric_sheep
Oh, I completely agree that there is no ONE person, or perfectly right soulmate person ! I just meant that sometimes I stayed with people who were'nt right for me at that time ( and who were F*cking alcohlic abusive *******s !!!) when....I would have been better off alone.

Right now, my life isn't exciting but It's very peaceful ! I watch what I want on TV and don't have to share the ben and jerry's ! Nobody is drunkenly raging at me or blaming their crappy life on me !

Ha. I understand completely.

I once was in a relationship so dysfunctional I think it was a miracle everyday we didn't kill each other. In such situations, it is definitely better off being alone!

That's sort of my "minimal requirement" for dating someone. Dating them has to at least be better than being alone. It's amazing just how much that narrows down the field, hee hee.

:)

i could care less if i end up single or in love with someone. whatever happens happens and thats it. were not on this earth for love anyway. i have no clue why were here but im pretty sure its not for love.

electric_sheep
i could care less if i end up single or in love with someone. whatever happens happens and thats it. were not on this earth for love anyway. i have no clue why were here but im pretty sure its not for love.

As someone else noted earlier today:

We're here because we're here.

Love is kind of nice though. I'd take love over no-love.

I mean would you really really really be able to have a reasonably happy existance without that?

of course...romantic love is an invention of the human mind and humans got along fine without it a long time ago.

everyone would like to have someone who they love to love them back.

Life is much better when you share it with someone special like that. Been single (alone) for life isn't something healthy or ment to be.

I think we will all find love if we are positive, loving and genuine in what we do.

If I knew I would never find true love:

I would have wild monkey sex with all the people I casually dated.

I would work really hard and achieve the pinnacle of my career.

I would visit a sperm bank and pick out a nice donor for my children-to-be.

I would spend my excess income on trips to Disneyland and Magic Mountain.

Love is great- but there's more to life than a relationship. :)

Love is great- but there's more to life than a relationship. :)

exactly!...

I know that I will find love again. If you believe it, it will happen.

I know that true love and romantic love are real. That is what sets us apart from other beings, the capability to have true emotion and deep love.