Too skinny

kittensmittens

If you want to become bigger. Start lifting and drinking protein shakes.

... Hey, if your thin, why not tone it up by adding muscles right? I hope to be in shape one day...

When I started lifting weights all that happened is I looked thinner. To gain any muscle I had to lift consistantly, start eating around 4,000 calories a day and it had to be spaced out at certain times and all that (more smaller meals are better for gaining muscle because your body can't process too much protein at once.) I gave up vegetarianism and ate meat and eggs mostly. I don't think the protein shake will do it unless its like the beverage and its going along with a steak or something. But the whole thing was worth it because after around 2 months I was relatively huge for my frame and had bigger arms than most of my guy friends. But then I stopped working out this summer and it went away within a month. It takes a lot of maintenance especially if youre a girl and are naturally low weight.

Anyway that tangent was probably irrelevent, because I doubt the OP wants to look like The Rock or something. I don't think the majority finds that attractive. She probably already looks completely fine and I'm sure most of the people who say anything are jealous because thats the body type models have.

love necessity
When I started lifting weights all that happened is I looked thinner. To gain any muscle I had to lift consistantly, start eating around 4,000 calories a day and it had to be spaced out at certain times and all that (more smaller meals are better for gaining muscle because your body can't process too much protein at once.) I gave up vegetarianism and ate meat and eggs mostly. I don't think the protein shake will do it unless its like the beverage and its going along with a steak or something. But the whole thing was worth it because after around 2 months I was relatively huge for my frame and had bigger arms than most of my guy friends. But then I stopped working out this summer and it went away within a month. It takes a lot of maintenance especially if youre a girl and are naturally low weight.

Anyway that tangent was probably irrelevent, because I doubt the OP wants to look like The Rock or something. I don't think the majority finds that attractive. She probably already looks completely fine and I'm sure most of the people who say anything are jealous because thats the body type models have.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Why don't you read a little before you start throwing out facts. women are not able to build monstrous muscle mass in the same manner as men, due to a number of physiological factors. It's a rare woman that can become a competitive bodybuilder, and to get that big she has to combine genetics, extensive long-term training, strict diet, and supplementation (legal or otherwise).

That is actually considered a one of the biggest "MYTHS" of all time!! If you live your life by myths, then you are very naive!

Shame on you!

Daniellezll

Everyone likes different types... If you look around, some men go for curvier women, but others much prefer skinnier women. You've just got to learn to be happy with your own body, as cheesy as it sounds. Curvy women often wish they were skinnier, and as your case shows, skinny women sometimes wish they were curvier. That's life...

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Why don't you read a little before you start throwing out facts. women are not able to build monstrous muscle mass in the same manner as men, due to a number of physiological factors. It's a rare woman that can become a competitive bodybuilder, and to get that big she has to combine genetics, extensive long-term training, strict diet, and supplementation (legal or otherwise).

That is actually considered a one of the biggest "MYTHS" of all time!! If you live your life by myths, then you are very naive!

Shame on you!

Uh you misconstrued that so I just want to clear it up. Someone said that if the OP wants to gain weight she should weightlift. I said that in my experience I didn't gain weight from weightlifting until I combined it with a high calorie, high protien diet. I don't need to read anything to talk about my experiences but I would bet I've read more on exercise and nutrition than you have. I read a lot about it when I was training and what I said makes sense.

Please read peoples' entire posts before replying something like that. Or are you not able to read?