4 Year Relationship Over...

Sephorelle

Hi there:

My boyfriend and I had a beautiful relationship before he left this September to go work in another province. I am 20, and he is 24. We spent 24/7 together and I had no doubt I would be with him forever. The reason we decided he should temporarily move was so that he could take a year off school, and make some good cash so that we could move in together. He was supposed to be back early August, as we are both in our friends wedding party. I have been having some insecurity issues this past little while but definately thought we would get through this. I just found out today, that he has decided to stay out in Alberta, because he says other than me, there is nothing for him at home. He offered that I could move to Alberta with him and we could make things work, but he wasn't genuine enough and I just didn't feel the love or passion anymore. His friends told him that he should stay and when he said he had a great girl back home, they said you can always find a new girl... His friends are not nice to women, and have been a terrible influence on him.

I am heartbroken and thought we would be together forever...he thought so too. I wish I never agreed to letting him go.

:(

That is so sad :(. I am sorry to hear that story.

I don't think you did the wrong thing in letting him go. This was his decision and he was more than likely going to go with or without your blessing. Rather than be a hinder it is better to be a source of comfort.

Also, anybody who will let such an important decision in there life be influenced by there friends is not someone you want to be with. Sorry to be blunt but as adults we should be able to own up to our decisions and be able to stand up to our friends for them.