need some help or advise..

azwan nordin

me and this girl have known each other for about 4 years. i got to know her right after my break up with my ex for 3 years. we dated for a couple of months and i decided to call it quits with her as i don't love her. i ci like her a lot but i don't love her as i think i my mind was still "recovering" from the break-up. so, i left her, as i didn't or can't seem to love her. over the years of self discovering i still kept in touch with her as friends and apologizing to her for leaving her like that. and she has been a great support, a friend, someone who i could talk to during many many personal crisis i had to endured. just realised how special she is in many ways only after years of getting on. i did not dated anyone serious during those years. and she's always there somewhere in the back of my mind. is that possible? to fall in love with someone only after years and years?

she's an absolute stunner in sexual terms and the way she treated me. but i guess it was way too soon for me to get into a new relationship. we recently talk a lot but she seems to try to avoid me. and she's telling that she's getting engage soon. she will not confirm or deny this. please advise on what is my next step will be. i want her back and only her!!!

Well, if she's in a relationship and getting engaged soon, it's just too bad for you. She sounds like a very nice lady who is not likely to screw around with a guy's head. But she may be telling you she's engaged to keep you at bay...to keep from getting to close to you for fear of getting hurt again. Once a guy hurts a lady, there aren't too many of dumb enough to come back for seconds.

No matter what the reason, it doesn't look good for you. If she's now such a great friend, why don't you just pose your question to her. She may have some good alternatives for you. If there's even a hair of a chance you may have with her, you'll learn that if you talk to her about your feelings.

Ask to meet her soon-to-be-fiance. If you plan to continue the friendship with her, you better meet him soon if he really exists. Otherwise, she won't be about to invite you to her wedding.

In all this, I hope you learned your lesson. When you have a chance, act on it. Very often there's not a second chance.

• Author

but wouldn't it be better to leave then rather than pretending to be in love with her instead? i mean she's thinking that the reason i left her was because of another woman which is not true at all. and i get the normal typical advise of men who wants me to continue to just have sex with her without commitment that i think is totally unfair to her. i didn't follow that plan.