Looks vs. Confidence

RyTom21

Anyone who is happy with who they are, is the most attractive person in the world.

Bingo! What else is confidence other than self knowledge coupled with self esteem and a dash of optimism? There's nothing more attractive than someone who knows and respects themself and doesn't feel the need to employ the myriad of self-protecting, manipulative strategies that the less secure cling to. I've known very good looking men that had very low self esteem - they (perhaps rightfully) mistrusted most people's reaction to them as shallow and insincere.

It all depends upon what one values. People who place a high value on money need money to feel confident. People who place a high value on looks need to be attractive to feel confident...and so on. I personally place a high value on integrity and self knowledge - and am attracted to those who get their confidence from those traits.

Anyone who is happy with who they are, is the most attractive person in the world. :love:

That's a nice quote to put on a poster of, say, a cute toddler playing at the beach, but that's not how the dynamics of adult male/female relationships work.

That's a nice quote to put on a poster of, say, a cute toddler playing at the beach, but that's not how the dynamics of adult male/female relationships work.

I don't think anyone here has written the book on the dynamics of relationships - but being happy with oneself is a pre-requisite for any fulfilling relationship. Every day we see (or experience) relationships built upon mutual need, and sad to say it's often a common motivator for hooking up with someone. That being said, neediness isn't attractive - even if it is effective.

In my world, that is exactly how it works. FYI I'm a 29 year old adult.

I’m a good looking guy, athletic, beautiful hair, snappy dresser and all my life I’ve always had women, and girls, attracted to me, some greatly so, even when I was younger and a lot less confident then I am now. Now days, after successes in athletic, intellectual, professional, and social pursuits I am very confident in whom I am and the things I do – to the point of being vain, I suppose. It’s only been more recent that I’ve realized and have become very confident in my ability to interact with women in a way that gets inside of their head and emotions.

Whatever one can say about whatever it is that I do that makes many women like me, none of it works unless the woman is looking at me. And, they are only looking at me because they like what they see.