amaysngrace

You know what Lonely? It doesn't matter. God is what you have yet you still call yourself lonelybird. That in itself is a mystery to me.

And yes I trust my vibes. But if you need me to say it again for you in your own words AGAIN, you say "so be it" to "those who find you unpleasant" while you are preaching the word of the Lord.

How can you not see the hypocrisy in that? :confused:

lonelybird
You know what Lonely? It doesn't matter. God is what you have yet you still call yourself lonelybird. That in itself is a mystery to me.

And yes I trust my vibes. But if you need me to say it again for you in your own words AGAIN, you say "so be it" to "those who find you unpleasant" while you are preaching the word of the Lord.

I see, you don't have other to say besides this.

Yes, I mean when I talk about God, if people don't like it, so be it, and I still talk about God. I don't want to please people to suit whatever they want me to say, but i please God, and I tell the truth. If because of this, people don't like me, so be it.

I will not wave from side to side to escape people's critisize, if people don't like it, so be it.

Many chrisitian sisters and brothers maybe did wrong way, including me, but out of good intention.

Busy to critisize others

busy to speak of God and God's commandments

you choose

why are some people offended by someone praying for them?

because people don't want someone elses diety (or non-diety) to mess around in their life.

If you went up to some orthodox jewish person and said "May Allah enrich your life" they would freak out. If you went up to a devout Catholic and said "My Satan bless your soul" they'd probably freak out too. If you went up to some Atheist and said "May any generic and secular nameless God bless your life" they'd probably freak out also.

Religion is a totally emotional thing and has nothing to do with reality.

• Author
ruby_gloom

hmm. you know what, alpha? i think you have a great point there.

i never thought about it that way.

but perhaps such specificity, like "allah" or "satan," is a bit much. i know that if someone said that to me, i would either say "who?" or "WTF?" but i still wouldn't get offended.

again, if said in the context of: "i see you are afflicted, and i will pray that you feel better," regardless of who they end up praying to, still seems genuine, imo. i suppose a word like "god" is no longer used to describe the judeo-christian concept of god, but rather a term to refer to any deity. i'm not sure, though.

but i guess my question was for the more general, "bless you" after you sneeze or "i'll pray for your wellbeing/recovery" types of wishes, not so much "i'll pray to jesus to help you" because then i can see how a person of another faith may be offended.

i don't see why atheists would be offended though. again, a person of another faith, like uh, satanism, may get extremely offended if i say "may jesus bless" you, but that is because they have different faiths, and atheists have no faith, as they believe "faith" in the religious sense does not exist.

if anything, i can imagine their reactions being more like what RP posted: more of a "yeah, okay..." with a roll of the eyes or something, but to get offended by something you claim is the embodiment of nothingness? or rather, not embodiment, but just nothingness itself?

it seems contradictory, imo, because atheists claim to use logic to deduce that any god is nonexistent (and i think that, logically, this conclusion is more than accessible), so getting, literally to them, worked up over nothing seems illogical. :)

it's just that i've met some people who get all in your face if you say, "oh, please you!" when you sneeze, and i don't understand that. to me, such an extreme reaction shows an insecurity of some sort.

hmm. you know what, alpha? i think you have a great point there.

i never thought about it that way.

but perhaps such specificity, like "allah" or "satan," is a bit much. i know that if someone said that to me, i would either say "who?" or "WTF?" but i still wouldn't get offended.

again, if said in the context of: "i see you are afflicted, and i will pray that you feel better," regardless of who they end up praying to, still seems genuine, imo. i suppose a word like "god" is no longer used to describe the judeo-christian concept of god, but rather a term to refer to any deity. i'm not sure, though.

but i guess my question was for the more general, "bless you" after you sneeze or "i'll pray for your wellbeing/recovery" types of wishes, not so much "i'll pray to jesus to help you" because then i can see how a person of another faith may be offended.

i don't see why atheists would be offended though. again, a person of another faith, like uh, satanism, may get extremely offended if i say "may jesus bless" you, but that is because they have different faiths, and atheists have no faith, as they believe "faith" in the religious sense does not exist.

if anything, i can imagine their reactions being more like what RP posted: more of a "yeah, okay..." with a roll of the eyes or something, but to get offended by something you claim is the embodiment of nothingness? or rather, not embodiment, but just nothingness itself?

it seems contradictory, imo, because atheists claim to use logic to deduce that any god is nonexistent (and i think that, logically, this conclusion is more than accessible), so getting, literally to them, worked up over nothing seems illogical. :)

it's just that i've met some people who get all in your face if you say, "oh, please you!" when you sneeze, and i don't understand that. to me, such an extreme reaction shows an insecurity of some sort.

See, we agree on a lot, Ruby. EXCELLENT point above in bold. So true.

But think about it..people who get offended by stuff like that, get offended by other things too. Things that they should let roll off their backs but they just can't for whatever reason. People like that should be pitied in a way. They're not tolerant of other people and their foibles. They have a hard time getting by in society.

I will pray for those people.

bluetuesday
...you say "so be it" to "those who find you unpleasant" while you are preaching the word of the Lord.

and how can YOU not see that when lonelybird shares her views, the fact she lets people accept them or reject them with peace is truly godly?

you seem to think that god is never confrontational and only ever kind. divine love is wonderful, but it doesn't enable people to remain in destructive thought patterns or behaviour. god tells people in no uncertain terms that they must change themselves or spiritually die. and when people don't accept it, he allows them to learn in other ways. he doesn't sweat it. so when lonelybird remains unaffected by whether people accept or reject her message, when she shrugs her shoulders and moves on, her action is the very opposite of ungodly.

this is why you two cannot see eye to eye, because she doesn't know you don't know this about god.

jesus, on whose teachings lonelybird bases her life and many of her religious posts, told people the truth and then let them believe it, or not. he didn't lose sleep over whether people accepted it. he didn't get offended if people laughed or mocked or nailed him to a cross. he knew they didn't understand his message or who he was, and let them continue not understanding if that was their choice.

so while i do not share lonelybird's christian views, i think she is a very good example of what preaching the word of the lord ought to be about - non-attachment, truth and divine love which seeks not to bully or force, but to inspire with kindness and to walk away in peace to allow people to learn their lessons in the school of hard knocks, if they won't learn any other way.

bluetuesday
:) i thought you deserved something nice, and true, said about you for a change.