Effect of a long, sexless marriage to a faithful H

ThumbingMyWay

Some of us prefer keeping our honor intact......

exactly moose....me too.

Even the cliche of "if you could have a ONS and no one would find out, would you?"

my standard answer is....well.."I would know, and thats one person too many"

Mustang Sally
men tend to think we're pu$$y whipped though......:laugh:

Well, like I always say, if you have to whipped by something, then at least it's by a pussy! :cool:

not like she is "stealing" good and decent men, these guys are already looking for it for whatever reason.

True...but that doesn't make what she is doing to the wife and kids any less despicable and downright selfish.

Well.....that hasn't happened in nearly 20 years.....I still get the twinch in the levis whenever I lay my eyes on her.....

Don't you think you're generalizing here? Sure, I think you're basing your conclusions on personal experiences.....but give us a break.....not all men are out to lie and cheat on their wives regardless of how much we're getting in the sack.

Amen to that brother!

From my experience with MM... lack of sex is #1 reason for cheating.

Since you're quoting this as if it were a collected statistic, let me point out the fallacy in your logic. Your experience with MM is predominantly from the OW side, by your admission. Therefore, you don't have enough data from the population of MM with a "lack of sex" who don't cheat, to compare whether lack of sex is actually the thing that drives them to cheat, as your "statistic" implies, and as you say in statements like this:

...the effects would be the same... his sexual drive would diminish with HER and therefore he would cheat....

This is like the old line from drug-scare school movies that "most heroin users started out with marijuana"... My response was, that doesn't mean all or most marijuana users are driven to heroin... By that logic, most marijuana users start out with booze, so does that make alcohol a "gateway drug" that drives most of its users to marijuana - and thus heroin - eventually.

So I grant that virtually all the MM you see complain of a lack of sex ("the #1 reason you see, indeed".) I'm not saying it's not a factor, but based on this one piece of information "from your experience", logic doesn't lead us to a general conclusion that "his sexual drive would diminish with her and therefore he would cheat..."

Sorry, Moose. Makes me think of the old joke about "on her" and "off her" :D

Mr. Lucky

From my experience with MM... lack of sex is #1 reason for cheating.

But I would think that his sexual desire could diminish to near zero with his wife... because he 1) doesn't want to constantly beg for sex 2) he is not sexually aroused by her anymore 3) he is just sexually bored with her

The effect: he will NOT be faithful for very long if he has an opportunity to cheat... sorry but I don't buy that... he just won't....but he probably already did.

I haven't been in a sexless marriage for decades, but I have been in a sex starved one long enough to know that the first part is pretty much true.

I haven't cheated and I don't have any plans to cheat. Honor (and setting an example for my son) is important to me too.

But... When I think about sex and my wife, I mostly think of rejection and frustration.

But otherwise my libido is still annoyingly strong.