If Divorce is so Lucrative for Women, Why the High Single Mother Poverty Rate?

• Author
Mr. Lucky
Looking at it statistically, the theory doesn't seem to hold much water as many women, post-marriage, are left with little income and a dis-proportionate share of the child rearing expenses and responsibility.

Mr. Lucky

Do not automatically assume that all women earn less than men.

I find that assumption very offensive.

cutegirl, I tried to use qualifiers so people would understand that I wasn't making any assumption about all women or all men. But the reality is, taken as a group, women earn less than men, often for the same type of work.

Another irony is that, in favoring women in custody situations, the courts are further economically disadvantaging them as a group. The attendant scheduling hassles and reponsibilities that go along with kids can and often do hold single mothers back in the workplace. There's no easy answer...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
Mr. Lucky
Also I feel like a poor guy will treat you better. A lot of rich men only want trophy wives and have a sense of entitlement because they are rich and are more prone to cheat.

1). What is there about poverty that makes a man "treat you better"?

2). Does the same shallowness, arrogance and "sense of entitlement" apply to rich women?

Mr. Lucky

2). Does the same shallowness, arrogance and "sense of entitlement" apply to rich women?

Mr. Lucky

Sure, why not? What's good for the goose is good for the gander :laugh:

Mr. Lucky

Not necessarily poverty, just a guy that earns less.

It's better because they have less options and chances to cheat. Men with more money have more opportunity because unfortunately lots of women are gold diggers.

Men with money just get inflated with their sense of power and feel like they can buy any woman they want.

There's a saying that a man will only be as faithful as his options.

• Author
Mr. Lucky

It's better because they have less options and chances to cheat. Men with more money have more opportunity because unfortunately lots of women are gold diggers.

Men with money just get inflated with their sense of power and feel like they can buy any woman they want.

For someone who doesn't like it when assumptions are made about women, you sure make a lot of assumptions about men...

Mr. Lucky

Trialbyfire

cutegirl, you'll learn that there are just as likely male gold diggers as female gold diggers. Overall, opportunists reside in both genders.

Also, women can just be as bad, if not worse about abuse of power or buying the men they want.

This world ain't a pretty place...

cutegirl, you'll learn that there are just as likely male gold diggers as female gold diggers. Overall, opportunists reside in both genders.

Also, women can just be as bad, if not worse about abuse of power or buying the men they want.

This world ain't a pretty place...

I am tough. I wouldn't want the world to be a pretty place. An ugly world makes it more interesting and challenging.

For someone who doesn't like it when assumptions are made about women, you sure make a lot of assumptions about men...

Mr. Lucky

It's not an assumption. I have numbers to back it up... I'm not sure if it's ok for me to post links to articles on here? If not, let me quote some stuff

From a survey done on Ivillage on MSNBC

"Do rich men cheat more?

Yes! Fully 32 percent of men making more than $300,000 a year reported cheating, compared with 21 percent of men who made less than $35,000 a year. Why? Wealthy men probably have more opportunities than poorer men. Interestingly, wealth doesn't appear to be a factor for women's affairs.

“Wealthy men may simply have more dating opportunities than men with less income,” says David Frederick, a psychologist at the University of California, Los Angeles, who helped analyze the survey findings."

Trialbyfire
I am tough. I wouldn't want the world to be a pretty place. An ugly world makes it more interesting and challenging.

I'm going to give you one more suggestion. If you want to find someone worthwhile, don't throw around your salary figures. You'll find that it will attract some very unscrupulous characters.

• Author
Mr. Lucky

"Do rich men cheat more?

Yes! Fully 32 percent of men making more than $300,000 a year reported cheating, compared with 21 percent of men who made less than $35,000 a year. Why?

Maybe a rich man's "sense of entitlement" allows him to be more truthful than a less economically advantaged gent. Here's a more likely interpretation of your numbers: 50% of all men cheat, with 32% of men making more than $300,000 a year telling the truth about it compared with 21% of men making $35,000 or less...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
Mr. Lucky
I outearn my bf , I make way over six figures and he's unemployed right now.

I'm curious, cutegirl, to know what field you're in?

Mr. Lucky

alphamale
Maybe a rich man's "sense of entitlement" allows him to be more truthful than a less economically advantaged gent. Here's a more likely interpretation of your numbers: 50% of all men cheat, with 32% of men making more than $300,000 a year telling the truth about it compared with 21% of men making $35,000 or less...

actually rich men have more opportunity to cheat, just like good looking men... its hard to cheat if you can't get any chicks.

• Author
Mr. Lucky
actually rich men have more opportunity to cheat, just like good looking men... its hard to cheat if you can't get any chicks.

Alpha, is our sex so weak that opportunity = certainty? :confused: If one married man has 4 "opportunities" to cheat during a month vs. another man who has 2, is he twice as likely to cheat?

Mr. Lucky