Hmm, what's my ex up to?

Yernasia Quorelios

I'm posting this here because what I am about to say may apply to CG's situation.

There seems to be a preconception from dumpees that they need closure from the dumper.....a reason, an explanation etc. I have discovered that a dumpee can in fact progress to closure on their own. It involves much the same process that led a dumper to dump ;).

Basically a dumper dumps because they are no longer recieving something(s) they consider critical from the relationship. Once dumped a dumpee should eventually realise that they are no longer recieving a lot of things they considered critical in the relationship. This should be enough for them to "break up" with the dumper and achieve closure. Having done this, how they choose to deal with reconciliation approaches (actual and potential) is then entirely up to them.

Comments?

• Author

Did thread. DIE! :)

I agree. Closure is what you make of it. Many dumpees are wanting, nay expecting some kind of answer. The fact is, even if you get an answer you probably won't accept it. Sometimes you get an answer that causes you to go too far int he wrong direction.

The true test of a healthy perspective is not so much what you, the dumpee has lost.

Think more along the lines of what the dumper lost. A truly great person. Someone else is going to see how great you are. Why waste your time on someone who is too blind to see it?

Cheers.