In Love with a Ghost

burning 4 revenge

This might be a bit off-topic, but does anybody here believe in ghosts?

¡Cucuí! Yes! El Cucuí is fantastic for scaring the crap out of misbehaving rugrats. Just ask George Lopez ...

now, someone please answer honestly: Is "pinché" really a bad word? And not just spanglish for "pinchy" (stingy)?

now, someone please answer honestly: Is "pinché" really a bad word? And not just spanglish for "pinchy" (stingy)?

Yes, it's dirty.

It's equal to the F word, pending on how you use it. Only used in Mexico, I believe.

Wouldn't that be tragic.

Ich würde Sauerkraut und Wurst für Abendessen heute Abend mögen

Ich könnte ein halbes Schwein verschlingen.

Yes, it's dirty. It's equal to the F word, pending on how you use it. Only used in Mexico, I believe.

oh lordy ... I used it in front of priests :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know German! "Ich ein Berliner …" I'm a fried piece of dough filled with pudding and covered in chocolate!

I think west is right in that it is a foul word that comes from Mexico.

Translated, it probably means either "f*ck" or "damn." Literally, I think it translates to "f*ck," just like "puto." The main difference, I think, is that it doesn't carry such a negative connotation as the latter.

That's why I think that while literally it translates to "f*ck," it's probably taken to mean something more like "damn" when you say it . . . most of the time, anyway.

Cussing in Spanish sounds worse than cussing in English, imo.

Yes, it's dirty. It's equal to the F word, pending on how you use it. Only used in Mexico, I believe.

oh lordy ... I used it in front of priests :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know German! "Ich ein Berliner …" I'm a fried piece of dough filled with pudding and covered in chocolate!

I don't know why but when I heard that you used this in front of preists I smirked and became happy... what is wrong with me?

I heard a nun at H.'s work say a document was "all bollocksed up." I guess that isn't quite as bad though.

I heard a nun at H.'s work say a document was "all bollocksed up." I guess that isn't quite as bad though.

:lmao: :lmao:

She's got balls.

Luvtoto y Touche se parecen hablar mejor español hasta ahora

¡Hey… intento! :)

(¡Ningún seriamente, estoy utilizando el google traduzco! haha!)

¿Touche, donde es tu avatar? :confused:

donde es

donde está

The verb ser is used to indicate permanence, dates, times, place of origin, etc. Yo soy de México. Hoy es lunes. Somos americanos.

Estar is used for location or feelings... mostly things that are temporary. Estoy bién. El está aquí conmigo. Estamos llegando a tiempo porque somos responsables.

Ser vs. Estar is one of the hardest rules to remember, mostly because we use only one verb for this in English. There are other rules/variations/implications, but you get the point.

I'll stop being an A-hole now. LOL

donde está

The verb ser is used to indicate permanence, dates, times, place of origin, etc. Yo soy de México. Hoy es lunes. Somos americanos.

Estar is used for location or feelings... mostly things that are temporary. Estoy bién. El está aquí conmigo. Estamos llegando a tiempo porque somos responsables.

Ser vs. Estar is one of the hardest rules to remember, mostly because we use only one verb for this in English. There are other rules/variations/implications, but you get the point.

I'll stop being an A-hole now. LOL

Very interesting! :)

"Estoy embarrasada," means "I'm pregnant," in Spanish. I guess it still gets a laugh from native speakers when people try to say they are embarrassed and say this instead.

Also, my friend learned to say "Para mis ojos," when he wanted a storekeeper to get something for him behind the counter in Mexico. It means "For my eyes," which is a figure of speech for "Can I have that please?" But when he used that phrase for condoms, they laughed at him! Go figure!

Trialbyfire

Although this thread has long, long (largo) been beyond the title, everytime I see it, I hear this song. So in my bid to get rid of it out of my head even though I do love it, here it is:

You're so cruel

U2

[FONT=Verdana]We crossed the line

Who pushed who over?

It doesn't matter to you

It matters to me

We're cut adrift

We're still floating

I'm only hanging on

To watch you go down

My love

I disappeared in you

You disappeared from me

I gave you everything you ever wanted

It wasn't what you wanted

The men who love you, you hate the most

They pass RIGHT through you like a ghost

They look for you, but your spirit is in the air

Baby, you're nowhere

Oh...love...

You say in love there are no rules

Oh...love...

Sweetheart,

You're so cruel

Desperation is a tender trap

It gets you every time

You put your lips to her lips

To stop the lie

Her skin is pale like God's only dove

Screams like an angel for your love

Then she makes you watch her from above

And you need her like a drug

Oh...love...

You say in love there are no rules

Oh...love...

Sweetheart…

you're so cruel

She wears my love like a see-through dress

Her lips say one thing

Her movements something else

Oh love, like a screaming flower

Love...dying every hour...love

You don't know if it's fear or desire

Danger the drug that takes you higher

Head in heaven, fingers in the mire

Her heart is racing, you can't keep up

The night is bleeding like a cut

Between the horses of love and lust

We are trampled underfoot

Oh...love... You say in love there are no rules

Oh...love...

Sweetheart…

You're so cruel

Oh...love...

To stay with you I'd be a fool

Sweetheart…

You're so cruel[/FONT]

I am also reminded of some things by the original post:

A boy I've pined for on and off over the years who married someone else. He was never the romantic figure I made him out to be, but he still occupies head/heart space.

The book Wuthering Heights by E. Bronte and the song of same name by Kate Bush.

The film Waking the Dead (with Jennifer Connelly and Billy Crudup). Wonder if you've seen it Mark?

Two all beef patties , special sauce , cheese , lettuce and pickles on a sesame seed bun.

• Author
burning 4 revenge

U2 sucks, but Bono has done so much good for the world I should probably not be too critical.