Unusual friendship/romantic arrangement

But I suppose you only see what you want to see...either way, its looks like my heart has gotten the better of my judgement.

Don't beat yourself up over it. We all do this to some extent, and it is much harder to see what's what when you're in the middle and your emotions are genuine and strong.

And don't wonder if things would have turned out differently if you had stuck it out for the full marathon. They wouldn't have, except that your feelings would have been even stronger and you'd have been more attached when you finally found out the reality of it, and it would be that much harder to walk away. You've saved yourself additional pain, and definitely some healing time.

You sound like a thoughtful, great guy. Save that for someone who can return your feelings. :bunny:

The point is : If you are not getting 100% of her emotionally , sexually , and all other needs being met then you don't *have* her in the way you deserve.

Find someone who can meet ALL your needs.

Life is pasing you by!!!

While you spend all your time with someone who sees you as a great buddy :(

Can't really add anything to the consensus: kiss her, and if she slaps you, leave her.

Back when I was married, I always knew my wifes 'soulmates' to be "safe", even though my wife was no saint; on several occasions I have used some of them for chaperons, knowing they were dying to f*ck her. Women never go to bed with their friends, and even if she did, it would not be what you want. You must understand that what you think is an intense spiritual relationship is most probably perverted desire.

Another time, start with the sex, then work on the friendship. It works better that way; as Joan Collins said, sex is a great icebreaker.

• Author

We kissed for the first time (hopefully not the last) last weekend.

She actually made the first move-our schedules have not allowed us to see much of one another since then but am being guardedly optimistic.