1 pound in 2 weeks..What am I doing wrong?

I like mayonnaise. But if I were to CHOOSE something to drown in, it would have to be..... chocolate milk.

In that case, I hope it is a slow drowning. With a straw.

Jeepers. What did I do to you?

Oh. I am only at liberty to discuss my own drowning. Carry on.

Kay first thing.

Dieting in terms of eating less DOES NOT WORK, PERIOD.

Your body assumes that you are going to eat less and so it lowers your metabolism and goes into starvation mode. You WILL lose weight, however your body is programmed like this:

Get rid of:

Sugar (glu/fruc/lac)

Muscle

THEN FAT

In starvation mode your body will break down your muscle tissue BEFORE it will break down fat, as fat is what keeps you warm and thus, alive.

Sooo...you will lose weight, but once you start eating normally again, your metabolism will speed up, and your body will try to rebuild itself, thus you will gain a whole lot of weight quickly - UNHEALTHY.

It is PERFECTLY fine to lose a pound in 2 weeks, that is ENTIRELY normal. It is UNHEALTHY to lose OR gain more than about a pound and a half per week.

Soo...you need to eat 4-6 small meals a day, as this will speed up your metabolism. Drink COLD water, as your body must expend energy to raise that water to 98.6 degrees so it can be used.

Get rid of all Trans fat, as much Saturated fat as possible, don't eat anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Eat well (lean meats, protein, lots of fruit/vegetables, whole grain) and do cardio. You will become healthier AND lose weight, though it will take a while as your body is NOT designed to lose weight, it is designed to gain wait, that's just how humans work.

Good luck.

dropdeadlegs

molimo got it. It is frustrating to see small results, but the small results are the healthier way to lose. Did you know that one pound requires a calorie reduction of 3500 calories per week? I was astounded by that. Once you gain more muscle with the exercise, and once your metabolism adjusts to the new lower calorie intake, you will see better results, like a pound or two weekly. Muscle mass requires more calories to move than fat mass does, or something like that.

The problem for me is that I lose hope too quickly and get frustrated and quit. I have willpower issues too. If I lived alone it would be easier. It's hard to watch people eat things I enjoy and cannot have due to my calorie restrictions. Especially beer, my big weakness. Full of empty calories and I love the stuff.

I'm going back on the diet I only lived on for two weeks and have now been off of for two weeks. I need to lose this 15 pounds to make me happy even if I am still in the normal/healthy BMI range. If I don't now, it will be 25 pounds to lose by this time next year. I do so much better at eating reasonable amounts when my time is scheduled and I now have too much time on my hands. I need to get busy again. maybe I'll paint my place or refinish some furniture. A project always gets me obsessed with something and I don't have time to eat so much.

I needed to read this, so thanks for posting! Keep eating well and I believe you will see better results by the 6 week stage.

Touche, if we could arrange a cell exchange of some kind maybe we could both get what we want. I need to listen to someone else's body, too. :D My fat cells have fat "memory."

• Author
IhavenoFREAKINclue

Thanks a lot MOL. That really helped. You know your s h i t

, don't eat anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Oh yeah... that sh*t is in everything. And I mean everything. (GM HFCS, of course.) Processed foods suck.

Except Quarter Pounders. They rule.

Maybe you would like to vote for the QP on my new thread

Thank you for the tip. But, either way, they still rule. There are two things we must experience in life. One is love, and the other is the Quarter Pounder. (The French just don't count.)

Ok, I have experienced both.

Does that mean I can die happy?

Just say "Quarter Pounder with Cheese," and I will shoot you... in the head.

With what? Your trunk?

Or your mighty cyber surpassing ray gun?#

ooooooooo I am quivering in my boots.

QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE

It says you are hanging on your branch. There was no need for that - I wasn't really going to shoot you. Not with a gun, anyway.

dropdeadlegs
Just say "Quarter Pounder with Cheese," and I will shoot you... in the head.

With what? Your trunk?

Or your mighty cyber surpassing ray gun?#

ooooooooo I am quivering in my boots.

He just wants you to die happy, not quiver!

On second thought I take that second part back. A quiver sounds delightful.