1 pound in 2 weeks..What am I doing wrong?

IhavenoFREAKINclue

Before this whole diet thing, I used to eat Mcdonalds and Wendys at least 4 times a week. I used to to eat what I want and how much of it i want. I had no restrictions.

Now, I'm not over weight or obese, I just wanna shed a few lbs, like 15.

So for the past two weeks all I've been eating healthy things and cut y food intake by at least 50%. I walk every night and life weights when I'm done.

I'VE ONLY LOST A POUND!!!!. Now you'd think I would lose weight by just cuttin gout the crap, but noooooooooo. On top of that I'm eating better and NOTHING!

I drink more than enough water all day. I switched t decaf to I don't retain the water. I don't eat while I'm watching TV, We haven been out to eat in these 2 weeks

WHAT THE HELL IS AM I DOIN WRONG!!!!!!!!!

I might also add that previous diet tries have been a semi-success. Didn't lose what I wanted to but it came off fast and I wasn't easting half as good as I am now and this was only 2 years ago

I don't really know the answer to your question. Perhaps you haven't cut your calories as much as you think you have. You may be eating salads but drenching them in dressing?

I just wanted to say that I have the opposite problem..trouble gaining. In 2005 I went on a diet and was eating twice as much as I did before. The most I could gain was 1/2 lb a week, just like your loss. Look at this way though, in 5 months, I had gained 10 pounds. So in 5 months, which isn't all THAT long, you will have lost 10 if you continue the way you have.

It's not healthy to gain/lose at a really fast rate anyway. But a pound a week would be nice. Ugh...you reminded me that I have to go back on my stupid diet. I think I've lost the ten pounds I gained...I'm afraid to get on the scale.:(

• Author
IhavenoFREAKINclue

I've cut my calories from 3 big macs a week to none..Thats like 4000 caleries right there! AND I'm eating healthier so I don't think that calories are the problem. But in 2 weeks I should see SOME progress

Trialbyfire

I would throw your scale out. Weight doesn't matter as much as fitness level. You're currently replacing fat with muscle if what you burn is higher than your intake. Give it another month and then take note of the difference in how your clothes fit vs worrying about weight. Btw, caffeine is a diuretic.

Two weeks is not long enough. Two months is and by then the weight should be off. Age also plays a factor. The older you get the harder it is to take it off.

Totally agree with Trialbyfire. If you are doing more physical activity, you probably gained muscle weigh. Keep going for awhile and focus on the difference in your energy level, how you feel about yourself and how your clothes fit.

WHAT THE HELL IS AM I DOIN WRONG!!!!!!!!!

the first few weeks you won't lose that much weight. the body has to adjust its metabolism. after the initial period you'll start losing more if you stay on the diet. Shoot for losing about 1 lb per week max.

I dont get how someone can eat at McDicks or wendy's multiple times a week.

Try to get more active, a cardio-workout 3 times a week will help a lot as well.

If I ate that many burgers I would gain about two pounds a DAY!

If you are close to your optimum weight anyway, it will take longer to lose weight.

The more you need to lose, the faster it comes off initially... which is why we read stories about obese people who lose large amounts of weight in what seems to be a short space of time.

When I try to lose weight, i cut out all alcohol, and up my cardio workout time. You need to be breathless for at least 30mins, cos your heartrate takes about 20mins to get to a decent rate of fatburning.

40mins two to three times a week and a weight programme (which should be tailored to suit your specific needs- its very easy to do weights wrong, or badly and you can risk hurting yourself).

Citizen Erased

You mentioned diets helped you lose wait fast, right? I bet that you put the weight back on just as fast.... The majority of diets are fad diets, meant for an unhealthy amount of weight to go off in as small a time as possible. These usually have the opposite effect because the weight usually comes back on after a month or two and plus some more.

You need to approach it as a lifestyle choice rather then a sudden way to lose weight. If you treat it as a means to lose weight every time you put on some extra kilos then you dont have the right mindset to keep the weight off, because it is a lifetime thing. It should be a choice to be healthy, not skinny.

burning 4 revenge
I dont get how someone can eat at McDicks or wendy's multiple times a week.

I ate McDonalds twice yesterday and loved it. I had the doube-cheeseburger meal the first time and the quarterpounder meal the second time.

Today I've only felt like eating toast with hummus, so I think you just listen to your body and it balances out.

I ate McDonalds twice yesterday and loved it. I had the doube-cheeseburger meal the first time and the quarterpounder meal the second time.

Today I've only felt like eating toast with hummus, so I think you just listen to your body and it balances out.

I've been listening to my body for many, many years and it's yet to balance out. I hate junk food. I love seafood and pasta. I love steaks and vegetables and salad. I love a good roast chicken and fried chicken too. Tonight I made a big pot of chile. I just can't gain weight though.

By the way, I also LOVE hummus. Yum! And my homemade salsa in the summer with my homegrown tomatoes, is the BEST. I make a killer guacamole (fattening) and I STILL don't gain weight.

So listening to MY body doesn't work. It never balances out. I need to listen to someone else's body I think.:laugh:

Island Girl
take note of the difference in how your clothes fit vs worrying about weight.

Yeah "muscle weighs more than fat" - a pound of muscle and a pound of fat both weigh the same BUT the fat takes up more space than lean muscle.

Muscle will also help you burn calories faster and more efficiently too so just keep doing what you have been doing.

Aren't you feeling better? -- Are your pants fitting a little better?

I suggest for 6-8 weeks you follow a strict diet plan, not just healthy eat. The Gi, for example, or Weight Watchers and see how you fair. At least you know you're eating just good stuff then.

Tash.

you should try their new chicken wraps, they're pretty good.

• Author
IhavenoFREAKINclue
How are you dieting? How many meals are you eating in a day?

Oatmeal for breakfast. a grilled chicken sandwhich for lunch and dinner I eat what i want, just less of it. ANd by what I wnat i don't mean MCdonalds, but pasta and steak.

Don't you think I would have lost even 4 pounds by cutting out the crap alone?

Before this whole diet thing, I used to eat Mcdonalds and Wendys at least 4 times a week. I used to to eat what I want and how much of it i want. I had no restrictions.

I just wanted to say.. I had a friend who was always eating McD's and Burger King, no restrictions, and she wasn't fat either... Well last year she went for a checkup and they've found that she had cholesterol levels of a 50-year old. So I just want to say, keep up the great changes to your lifestyle and eating habits, regardless of your weight! It will save you some trouble in the long run.

I just wanted to say.. I had a friend

Yay for princessa! Yes, I had a friend, too. Once.

So I just want to say, keep up the great changes to your lifestyle and eating habits, regardless of your weight! It will save you some trouble in the long run.
Very good point. Very, very good point.

The body does a lot of compensating when you screw around with your food intake, so you must allow time for things to settle.

Quarter Pounders rule.

Hahaha dork :mad::lmao:

Is that the best you can do?! Anyway, I guess you win, because I can't think of anything. So... whatever.

Quarter Pounders with Cheese rule. Or is that Quarter Pounder with Cheeses rule? Hmmm. Quarter Pounders with Cheeses rule?? No. That sounds silly. I give up.

In France, its called a Royale with Cheese.

Cos they got the metric system.

That's so gay.

Surely a nerd like you has seen Pulp Fiction?

I'd rather drown in mayonnaise.