Update, cont.: Cast your votes on what happens

spookie

1. I get a transfer,

A. he asks me out and we fall in love and get married

B. he asks me out and after two dates I'm awed by how wrong I was about him

C. he doens't make a move, I am heartbroken, and I have to move somewhere else because I cannot deal and I need to start over

D. he doens't make a move, but that's ok; my new department's ok, and I move on

E. he doesn't make a move; I fall in love with next boss

2. I get fired

3. I die in a car crash, since my car is literally dragging a piece of itself underneath it

4. The shrink I'm seeing today shows me see the truth

• Author

DO YOU THINK HE LIKES ME??

Am I making excuses for why he hasn't asked me out, or attempted to get more personal, in order to keep tight hold on my delusion?

Or, is it smart of him to remain professional right now, regardless of how he feels?

• Author
You've got to be kidding...

I'm sorry you think I'm ridiculous, but LS is supposed to be a haven for crazy people, and my mind has been running over these scenarios for months. Why is it not ok that I am voicing them, to best prepare for the most-likely outcome?

• Author

My personal vote goes to secret option 1F. I get a transfer, he doens't make a move, so I begin to stalk him, until he DOES report me to HR, except they're less friendly this time, and I have to move to San Francisco (where I'm going if this town doens't work out.)

It is my desire to avoid this scenario that propelled me to make an appointment to see a shrink tonight. I really do hope someone can stop me from destroying myself.

LS is supposed to be a haven for crazy people

:lmao:OMG, too funny! Can I use that as my signature? ahaha

Anyway, spook, there's crazy and there's CRAZY!:laugh

I guess I'd go with 1D also.

But seriously, Spook you really need to get a grip. Why all the need for so much drama in your life? Don't you want a happy and peaceful life? Or would that be boring to you?

DO YOU THINK HE LIKES ME??

Am I making excuses for why he hasn't asked me out, or attempted to get more personal, in order to keep tight hold on my delusion?

Or, is it smart of him to remain professional right now, regardless of how he feels?

It doesn't matter what he does. It matters what YOU do. I feel strongly that YOUR best bet is to remain professional for at least the foreseeable future!! (e.g., a few months) - regardless of what Jack says or does. Just keep doing your job brilliantly like you've been doing. (HINT: This alone has saved my own @ss on numerous occasions that were very similar to yours!!)

• Author
:lmao:OMG, too funny! Can I use that as my signature? ahaha

Anyway, spook, there's crazy and there's CRAZY!:laugh

I guess I'd go with 1D also.

But seriously, Spook you really need to get a grip. Why all the need for so much drama in your life? Don't you want a happy and peaceful life? Or would that be boring to you?

You know... I was thinking about boring today.

I had gotten off of work early and had the sunny Friday afternoon stretched before me. It frightened me to realize I only had a couple of bowl-fulls of weed left, and the whole weekend with nothing special to do, and I started thinking about why I feel the need to be stoned, drunk, or at least dangerously caffeinated, all day.

Like literally, almost all the time.

The conclusion I came to, before I smoked the rest of my weed, was that I can't handle sobriety because life is so boring. So fckving boring as it drags painfully on.

I just can't GET into things. I don't enjoy hanging out with other people; even movies don't hold my attention. At least going on runs and listening to music when I'm stoned is fun. As long as I have weed, life feels like a Gorillaz song, and I'm ok.

• Author
My advice, quit working altogether, go to rehab and have at least TWO shrinks on the go at the same time. :)

I'd need to keep working to afford that.

OK, cool (forgot you dont have free healthcare etc in America). My revised advise, take all your savings, sell you house\apartment and either:-

A) join a nunnary and find god (and annoy everyone for the rest of your life)

B) go walkabout until you find yourself

C) use all that money on a 'residential' psychological fix (ie have yourself voluntarily commited)

D) buy a large supply of rabbits

You really do need to stop the weed, move jobs and get yourself sorted. You sound like a fruitcake. :)

So, from my stories, not one of you thinks he actually likes me?

Crap.

No, he's probably scared witless of you, I am and I've never even met you. :)

• Author
OK, cool (forgot you dont have free healthcare etc in America). My revised advise, take all your savings, sell you house\apartment and either:-

A) join a nunnary and find god (and annoy everyone for the rest of your life)

B) go walkabout until you find yourself

C) use all that money on a 'residential' psychological fix (ie have yourself voluntarily commited)

D) buy a large supply of rabbits

You really do need to stop the weed, move jobs and get yourself sorted. You sound like a fruitcake. :)

You've no idea... this is the most stable I've been in years, since I was around 12 probably.

So, from my stories, not one of you thinks he actually likes me?

Crap.

I do think he likes you spook. But I'm convinced that he is a playah. He is bad news to women.

Honestly, all humour aside, I think your right, I have no idea. I can only go off what you have posted. Being a bit unstable is ok, the worlds a very diverse place, we need alsorts, sane, stiff and mad.

To give you straight answers, NO, I honestly think even if he did like you a little his fear of you probably totally overrules this so forget any chance of a relationship with him, Move on, I don't see a future there. I do think you need to move companies completely, I think you need to quit the weed totally (trust me that isn't helping) and I do think you need a better shrink.

Apart from that your cool :bunny:

• Author

Evidence for why he might like me:

-he looked happy when I told him

-he was more considerate in the following days

-he started saying good night to me before leaving work in the evenings

Evidence for why, realistically, he probably doesn't:

-he's made few attempts to get to know me better; the closest has been work-topic friendly banter, and there's some chance that I'm the one setting that up each time and I don't even know it

-he CAN make a move, I know that; but he chooses not to

Why I am trying to remain optimistic:

-I'm "good" with men, in that I've only ever been rejected by the ones I loved; even though I have no social skills, I know I can occasionally captivate people, a skill I perfected as a stripper

-I know I'm very good-looking and I know he's convinced I'm intelligent... with some people that translates to instant attraction

Evidence for why he might like me:

-he looked happy when I told him

-he was more considerate in the following days

-he started saying good night to me before leaving work in the evenings

Evidence for why, realistically, he probably doesn't:

-he has never attempted to be personal; the closest has been work-topic friendly/flirty banter

-he CAN make a move, I know that; but he chooses not to

Why I am trying to remain optimistic:

-I'm "good" with men, in that I've only ever been rejected by the ones I loved; even though I have no social skills, I know I can occasionally captivate people, a skill I perfected as a stripper

-I know I'm very good-looking and I know he thinks I'm really intelligent... with a lot of guys that translates to instant attraction

He's a bloke, If he wanted to make a move he would have. Therefore he (for whatever reason) doesn't want to. Stop wasting you life, get clean, get your head sorted, move on, grow up, grow, decide what you want out of life and do it properly.

ps you are NOT good with men (IMHO from what you have posted). You are however slightly mad (in a nice sort of way :p)

I think that he likes you but is now going to wait to make a move. He probably got scared s^&*less by HR and his own boss about their take on the situation. They might have mentioned to him that you are emotionally unstable and man hate crazy :rolleyes:. It's a good sign that he is not avoiding you even after all this.

• Author
I think that he likes you but is now going to wait to make a move. He probably got scared s^&*less by HR and his own boss about their take on the situation. They might have mentioned to him that you are emotionally unstable and man hate crazy :rolleyes:. It's a good sign that he is not avoiding you even after all this.

When I was telling him, I even mentioned crazy myself. He said, don't worry, neither you nor your reason is psycho.

However, he probably didn't expect for HR to grill HIM about our relationship, which I know they did. Or for his bosses to get so involved.

He probably is slightly scared now.

I wish there was a feasible way for me to talk to HIM about this, but I think I need to chill for now.

I refuse to believe that this eternal and selective optimism is bourne from human reasoning, common sense or logic but from a malady of some sort. Several people post telling you this relationship isn't going to happen and you ignore these and respond to the one that gives you hope that it might.

Give it up, if the bloke is attracted to you he must surey be scared off now by your semi - mad actions. If I was him I would be polite to you, ask you how your doing, wish you a nice weekend etc even if I did want to f**k you I would be too scared, you really do sound like the bunny boiler sometimes.

Despite your mad optimism and single mindeness I still like you, which is why I say, STOP - Give it up, get another shrink , quit the weed and drink and whatever else is making your brain fuzy and sort yourself out. This relationship is going nowhere. stop it. Don't throw anymore of your life away on this.