How Did You Choose Your Username?

Hi all!

I'm intrigued by a lot of usernames here at LS and wondered how you came to choose them.

I suppose I'll get asked about mine, so here goes.

My dad had a restaurant and used to hire a lot of let's say fresh arrivals to work for him. One of these new arrivals had a developed a crush for me. I would teach him English and he would teach me Spanish. He worked hard and eventually my dad put him in charge. On top of this he started his own business and 11 or 12 years later we used his services. This is when he told me he had a crush on me all those years ago. He didn't tell me then because he didn't think he was good enough for me. He said, "I'll never be able to climb that tree and pick that white flower." It was so touching. Little did he know that I had a crush on him, too, at the time we worked together. But I started dating the man I would eventually marry. I have never told this story before.

• Author
I have no idea what it means and I can't remember why I chose it.

Well, at least your answer gave me a good laugh!

He said, "I'll never be able to climb that tree and pick that white flower."

Awww.....

Well, mine was the first thing that came to mind and I was glad it wasn't taken.

But I always choose "names" for forum aliases. I used to post in another forum as Valentina.

Ariadne

• Author
He said, "I'll never be able to climb that tree and pick that white flower."

Awww.....

Well, mine was the first thing that came to mind and I was glad it wasn't taken.

But I always choose "names" for forum aliases. I used to post in another forum as Valentina.

Ariadne

Yours was one of the names I was curious about. Does it mean something? What language is it?

Hey,

Yours was one of the names I was curious about. Does it mean something? What language is it?

It's the Greek goddess that helped Theseus kill the minotaur trapped in a labyrinth, by giving him some thread to find his way back. As the mythology goes.

She fell in love with him and they left together, stopped in the island of Naxos, and when she was asleep he abandoned her in the island for another woman.

:(

My life story, it turned out just the same.

Here's some paintings of Ariadne in Naxos: By George Frederick pic and by William Waterhouse pic

Ariadne

I chose I'm stunned as when I joined I was literally stunned as I had just discovered that my mountaineer boyfriend was actually married with 2 kids and had never set foot on any the mountians he had claimed to summit during our relationship.

TheDevilsBabe

Myself, it stems from as to how i allowed myself to become involved with my MM...."the devil made me do it!" *showing my age a tad there aint it?? lololol* the temptation and draw was just too intense. i tease him at times and call him "the devil himself" and having the sense of humor he does, he will reply..."yeah, well that makes you the devils babe now doesnt it?!?!" so when having to come up with something to sign in under...well, it kinda jumped right out at me.

Hey,

It's the Greek goddess that helped Theseus kill the minotaur trapped in a labyrinth, by giving him some thread to find his way back. As the mythology goes.

She fell in love with him and they left together, stopped in the island of Naxos, and when she was asleep he abandoned her in the island for another woman.

You know your Greek mythology very well.

Next time maybe you should bemore careful who you give your thread to. Yes?

Thanks for the photos.

Marlena

LucreziaBorgia

I chose this name because I happened to be reading a bio of her at the time I joined. For all the rumors and speculation about what a monster this woman was, in actuality very little if anything about her in regards to her reputation is factual. The truth is that people don't know much about the real person at all. They only know rumor, speculation, legends, etc. I found that to be more interesting than the legends themselves: that people could make stuff up and have that be a person's history moreso than the actual history itself.

I came by my quite honestly. It is my middle name.

It also stands for what I expect to happen after being wronged by my now ex husband. "Justice"

From a song I like very much called "Lilli Marlene" that was unfortunately popular with the Nazis. So I changed it a bit and out came Marlena.

Plus I like the mellifluous sound of it.

• Author
I do what I usually do. Think of myself.

I think it fits well. You look brainy yet beautiful:)

• Author
Hey,

:(

My life story, it turned out just the same.

Here's some paintings of Ariadne in Naxos: By George Frederick pic and by William Waterhouse pic

Ariadne

You do know your mythology and thanks for the gorgeous pics. Sorry you fell for Theseus.

• Author
I sent a guy my pic and he said I look Lishy ...... Thats how I got my name!

Ps .... He turned out to be blind! :)

Love how you got your name and it's hilarious he was blind!