He didn't pay

OceanGirl

OK, I know there are threads about this but:

Against my better judgement I re-enabled my OKC account and had lunch with someone from there just today. The bill came, and he split it by what we had. I mean he actually added up what I had and what he had and we payed separetly. He never offered to pay :eek:

I thought that this is a clear sign of no interest, but he texted me later that he wants to see me again.

But, his stinginess REALLY bothers me. I am pretty generous with money.

LAUNCH?

• Author

Yeah, he did.

And lunch was about $15 each.....This has never happened to me before to be honest. I don't want to be too harsh, but seriously dude? :mad:

If he initiated, then yes he was obligated to pay. To quote the great Hokie...LAUNCH.

I thought you were supposed to be somewhere reflecting on the meaning of life? What are you doing back dating?

Damn. Forget I asked.

But, his stinginess REALLY bothers me. I am pretty generous with money.

LAUNCH?

If he initiated, then yes he was obligated to pay. To quote the great Hokie...LAUNCH.

You are all awesome, and you even typed it in all caps like it's supposed to be (and bold, no less)!!! :)

Umm, yes, LAUNCH. Regardless of who initiated, it is just damn gentlemanly for the guy to pay for the first date...I mean, come on now...seriously...? :confused:

You are all awesome, and you even typed it in all caps like it's supposed to be (and bold, no less)!!! :)

Umm, yes, LAUNCH. Regardless of who initiated, it is just damn gentlemanly for the guy to pay for the first date...I mean, come on now...seriously...? :confused:

If she initiated the date, then she would be obligated to pay.

skydiveaddict

I can never understand why a man won't pay for his date. Then he will stand there with his thumb in his a$$ wondering why she isnt interested anymore.

I do not agree

That's your opinion. But if you initiate a date, you should pay. It's commn courtesy. Doesn't mean you shouldn't bring money or offer, but the person that asked out the other one should pay.

• Author

Not only that, but he went over every bill item and was adding them up (including cents) and then gave me my total :sick:

skydiveaddict

Regardless of who initiated, it is just damn gentlemanly for the guy to pay for the first date...I mean, come on now...seriously...? :confused:

Yes, this how it should be done.

Not only that, but he went over every bill item and was adding them up (including cents) and then gave me my total :sick:

That's just petty. LAUNCH.

Disagree. No one is obligated to do anything. Dude always pays on the first date, regardless of who pays. Not out of OBLIGATION either, just because it's the gentlemanly thing to do.

A guy who doesn't pay on the first date is not boyfriend husband material, and that's who you should be dating, OG. Husband material.

I agree for later dates, but not on the first date.

I don't say LAUNCH, really. I say the old-fashioned term: NEXXXXXXT!

Onward and upward. Don't even give this one another second in your mind.

Women make thier own money these days so they can at least split the bill. This is another case of convieent equality.

skydiveaddict
That's your opinion. But if you initiate a date, you should pay. It's commn courtesy. Doesn't mean you shouldn't bring money or offer, but the person that asked out the other one should pay.

Yes that is my opinion, and "The Great Hokie" agrees with me. Max, it's just common courtesy for a man to pay for the date.

Disagree. No one is obligated to do anything. Dude always pays on the first date, regardless of who pays. Not out of OBLIGATION either, just because it's the gentlemanly thing to do.

A guy who doesn't pay on the first date is not boyfriend husband material, and that's who you should be dating, OG. Husband material.

IMO, it's outdated. Sorry, but if I'm asked out, I shouldn't be expected to pay simply because I'm a man. If you don't like it, don't ask the guy out.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is just an incredible amount of FAIL...

Women make thier own money these days so they can at least split the bill. This is another case of convieent equality.

Lots of women are equally as strong. Should they open the door for you too?

IMO, it's outdated. Sorry, but if I'm asked out, I shouldn't be expected to pay simply because I'm a man. If you don't like it, don't ask the guy out.

Eh, in my opinion, old fashioned chivalry ain't never gonna be outdated...

That's the other thing, I don't... I don't ask for the first date, I don't pay for the first date, and I don't put out on the first date. :)

Lots of women are equally as strong. Should they open the door for you too?

Yes. They can open their own doors as far as I am concerned.