LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Mutual friend professed his love

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2019, 12:34 PM   #31
Established Member

I think you did the right thing by telling your husband. I get they you had this rule about confidential conversations, but it sounds like the rule wasn't discussed to the point of covering something like this. I feel it's fair to revisit the rule to make sure your marriage and your husband's feelings are protected, and that's exactly what happened. Good for you.

It sucks that your friend proclaimed his feelings towards you. Being a friend to someone is also being a friend to the relationship they have. If the friend realizes romantic feelings have formed, then they need to have the wisdom and self control to pull away. It's better for him to talk to a therapist about his feelings and how to cope rather than bringing you into it. It just sounds like he was fishing to see if you had feelings for him, and I don't see that as friendly behavior. I'm sorry, but I don't see how I could be friends with someone after that. I'd always wonder if they properly dealt with their stuff or not.
Old 25th January 2019, 1:00 AM   #32
Established Member

I think the OP is being very naïve. I'm wondering why he bothered to express his feelings for you- its not like he didn't know you are married!
Old 25th January 2019, 7:25 PM   #33
Established Member

There is a difference between someone confiding in you or your husband and some azzhat fishing for a bite.

This is no friend of your husband or you.

Break ties with this pos.
Old 25th January 2019, 7:59 PM   #34
Established Member

i feel you should tell your husband and explain to your friend that you have to tell your husband and maybe all three of you can move on from this...keeping a secret with another guy who is known to your husband and who your husband sees....is a mistake....keeping a secret with any guy other than your husband is a mistake....but more so when that guy is a mutual friend...i wish you the best...deb