LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

I'm cheating, and it feels great!

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree42Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2019, 1:22 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding my way View Post
It's not just about you
This is worth repeating.
Old 10th March 2019, 2:00 PM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endnote View Post
Cheating is a refuge for weak hearted people who choose their own selfish needs over people they claim to love.
In a nutshell.
Old 10th March 2019, 2:32 PM   #33
Established Member

You can't do this forever. There will be a day where there is a situation that tips them off that you have been dating someone at the same time. What you haven't considered is the emotional impact this will have on them. They will have trouble trusting men, will have poor dating experiences because they are carrying that hurt/mistrust, etc. all because of your actions.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
Old 10th March 2019, 3:01 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yololin View Post
I went through the worst breakup ever last year and I thought I would never recover. I have issues, I need to be in a position of safety, because from my past relationships. I can't expect other people to take care of me. I have to take care of myself, using my head, and in the meantime, I try to care for others as much as possible.

Isn't what I'm doing normal in American dating culture? Dating multiple people simultaneously?.
No, it’s not normal. Multidating may occur early in a relationship, but people usually end the practice when they commit to another individual because to continue is hurtful to the other person. And if multidating, best practice is to be honest with the other individuals - if for no other reason than it puts their health at risk.

The hurt that you have felt from other individuals in the past, you are now inflicting on others - and that is not ok. The “victim” has now become the victimizer.

Again, it’s not all about you.
Old 11th March 2019, 2:16 PM   #35
Established Member

Yololin - I really think you might benefit from individual counseling (IC) to help you figure out how to feel secure in a single relationship. Whatever happens with the current GFs, if/when you decide to marry this could become an even bigger problem. Strongly suggest you consider this.
Old 13th March 2019, 10:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by yololin View Post
Isn't what I'm doing normal in American dating culture? Dating multiple people simultaneously?
Dating multiple people simultaneously is called polyamory and it requires honesty and openness between partners. It's not normal in American dating culture but it is becoming more accepted. And what you are doing isn't polyamory, it's just cheating and it's a little scummy.
Old 15th March 2019, 4:07 PM   #37
Established Member

Wow... you're running fast from something...

The truth will always out when you can least afford to be outted...
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
Closed Thread