What's going on here?

darkrai100

So I've been messaging this girl in school for the past couple weeks. Things were going well until her birthday last week. After learning through a classmate that it was her birthday, I sent her a happy birthday text and offered to give her chocolate the following week. She initially said she'd be embarrassed to receive a gift from me, but we later ended up agreeing on a day to meet up at school.

Prior to the day of, she messaged me asking if we could push it back an hour because she "might be late".

...Turns out, she didn't even show up that day.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, I went to my next class. Coincidentally, she messaged me right as I left, saying something last minute came up and didn't go to school that day, and apologized. I don't think it's that simple, and as one can imagine, was upset and didn't respond to her.

So she kept messaging and apologizing, and I waited until the next day when I just replied "ok". She kept going, and insisted that something really came up that day, but I don't know what to believe. She left about 10 msgs and at one point, I told her that I didn't really want to get to know her anymore. In the end, she said she wanted to talk this out and explain to me the next time we meet in person.

Fast forward another week. After countless messages begging me to respond, she tells me that she really wants to get to know me. Finally, we met in person, and guess what? She wasn't able to say a single word while blushing and smiling, and looking in my eyes for extended periods of time. I felt so awkward while she kept trying to hold back her giggles. When she finally explained, she told me that it wasn't because she didn't want the chocolate, but that she was really busy and asked for my forgiveness. Here's my question though, is she actually interested in me, or she just trying to apologize so that it won't be awkward when we see each other in school? What do you guys think is going on?

In my point of view she seems interested but she looks needy. You did the right thing by ignoring her for some time given she didn't keep her word.

• Author
In my point of view she seems interested but she looks needy. You did the right thing by ignoring her for some time given she didn't keep her word.

That's the feeling I'm getting too and her friends have warned that she can get pretty needy

College students

Sounds like Junior High.

She is just a typical young school girl that doesn't know what she wants from one minute to the next. She'll grow up.

Learn to be the leader in the situation rather than being the "victim" of whatever emotion that comes out of the girl at any given moment and whatever inconstant behavor that follows it, and then complaining about it. Give her a good reason to want to be around you and feel and safe/protected when you are with her.

So I've been messaging this girl in school for the past couple weeks.
A couple weeks? You're in the same school together! The only reason you should be messaging her is to arrange where you are going to meet in person, and that should have happened after about the 3rd message. As far as her delaying or not showing up to meet, you have no idea what was going on there,...you are not the only guy in the school. She may have 3 or 4 guys contacting her,...it is to be expected. You need to be "better" than the competition, not complaining about it.
So I've been messaging this girl in school for the past couple weeks. Things were going well until her birthday last week. After learning through a classmate that it was her birthday, I sent her a happy birthday text and offered to give her chocolate the following week. She initially said she'd be embarrassed to receive a gift from me, but we later ended up agreeing on a day to meet up at school.

Prior to the day of, she messaged me asking if we could push it back an hour because she "might be late".

...Turns out, she didn't even show up that day.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, I went to my next class. Coincidentally, she messaged me right as I left, saying something last minute came up and didn't go to school that day, and apologized. I don't think it's that simple, and as one can imagine, was upset and didn't respond to her.

So she kept messaging and apologizing, and I waited until the next day when I just replied "ok". She kept going, and insisted that something really came up that day, but I don't know what to believe. She left about 10 msgs and at one point, I told her that I didn't really want to get to know her anymore. In the end, she said she wanted to talk this out and explain to me the next time we meet in person.

Fast forward another week. After countless messages begging me to respond, she tells me that she really wants to get to know me. Finally, we met in person, and guess what? She wasn't able to say a single word while blushing and smiling, and looking in my eyes for extended periods of time. I felt so awkward while she kept trying to hold back her giggles. When she finally explained, she told me that it wasn't because she didn't want the chocolate, but that she was really busy and asked for my forgiveness. Here's my question though, is she actually interested in me, or she just trying to apologize so that it won't be awkward when we see each other in school? What do you guys think is going on?

You met an awkward girl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphamale viewpost.gif

yea, sixth grade to be more exact...

Gee thanks dude

I may seem harsh, but you'll thank us in the morning for giving you a kick in the rear to get your perspective straight. I wish I had someone to do that when I was your age.

• Like 1