LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Ladies, would you date someone whoís much younger than you?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2018, 9:04 AM   #31
Established Member

I once had an affair with a friend of mine who was an older woman, but it wasn’t that much of an age difference. I think she was 32 and I was 28 or 29. I really liked her, but of course she was married and eventually she cut things off. I still think about her from time to time. That’s really my only experience with someone older. Every one of my partners has been younger than me, and I kinda like it that way. Older women tend to have too much baggage such as kids, divorced (sorry) and even messing with someone around my own age is pushing it. Someone I hooked up with a few times recently had two kids, so even if I was interested in relationships, she wouldn’t be a candidate.
Redguitar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 9:07 AM   #32
Established Member

I'm 28 so a younger guy for me would still be a teenager or in his early 20's where I live, men still consider themselves very young at 28 - many of them still study, party and change partners. So I guess dating an even younger guy would be a disaster...
But if I met someone incredibly mature at a younger age, sure, I'd date him
Lorenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 9:15 AM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redguitar35 View Post
I once had an affair with a friend of mine who was an older woman, but it wasn’t that much of an age difference. I think she was 32 and I was 28 or 29. I really liked her, but of course she was married and eventually she cut things off. I still think about her from time to time. That’s really my only experience with someone older. Every one of my partners has been younger than me, and I kinda like it that way. Older women tend to have too much baggage such as kids, divorced (sorry) and even messing with someone around my own age is pushing it. Someone I hooked up with a few times recently had two kids, so even if I was interested in relationships, she wouldn’t be a candidate.
On the other hand, I can see the plus side of dating an older woman. As they approach their 30s, these women’s looks have faded somewhat, ours is a culture where women 27 and up are not considered in their prime, they have to compete with younger women, and so they may be a bit humbler and easier to deal with than younger ones.

Last edited by Redguitar35; 9th February 2018 at 9:23 AM..
Old 9th February 2018, 9:56 AM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
As they approach their 30s, these womenís looks have faded somewhat, ours is a culture where women 27 and up are not considered in their prime
Thatís not even close to true.
CardsFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 10:17 AM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
On the other hand, I can see the plus side of dating an older woman. As they approach their 30s, these women’s looks have faded somewhat, ours is a culture where women 27 and up are not considered in their prime, they have to compete with younger women, and so they may be a bit humbler and easier to deal with than younger ones.
WTF?

Where the hell do you live?

I'm 49 and have never been busier dealing with the attention and affection of men of all ages and ethnicity.

As for 'competing' with younger women, I don't feel that at all. You can't compare oranges to apples.

Men like what they like, just as women do. I've never had a problem meeting men or getting dates at any age but particularly since I jumped back into the dating pool when I entered my 40's.

If anything, I'm the one who is uber discerning about who I spend my time with now more than ever.

Your comment is very insulting to women everywhere.
Old 9th February 2018, 10:47 AM   #36
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle ma Belle View Post
WTF?

Where the hell do you live?

I'm 49 and have never been busier dealing with the attention and affection of men of all ages and ethnicity.

As for 'competing' with younger women, I don't feel that at all. You can't compare oranges to apples.

Men like what they like, just as women do. I've never had a problem meeting men or getting dates at any age but particularly since I jumped back into the dating pool when I entered my 40's.

If anything, I'm the one who is uber discerning about who I spend my time with now more than ever.

Your comment is very insulting to women everywhere.
Bingo. I know a lot of women who are more attractive in their 40ís than they were in their 20ís.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:09 AM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan01 View Post
Bingo. I know a lot of women who are more attractive in their 40ís than they were in their 20ís.
Itís not that common.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:12 AM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Itís not that common.
How old are you?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:13 AM   #39
Established Member

Wow! Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it when people take the time and share some of their stories. It's been illuminating to say the least.

I am looking to marry and have children someday, so as far as long-term potential is concerned I'm not too bothered; it would definitely be casual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenonearth View Post
Sorry for writing so much, but I have a lot to say about this because I know it from my own experience.
No don't apologize, I enjoyed reading that! I have to agree that most guys tend to mature a lot slower and I guess it boils down to that. I suppose if a guy is able to keep it together when his lady is going through experiences that people in his age group cannot relate to then he's got something to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grays View Post
I got divorced when I was 44 (48 now) and since then I've dated guys as young as 22 and as old as 64. Probably most of them have been between 28 and 33. I was/am crazy of some of those young ones but the idea of a long term relationship with someone in that range scares me.
That's quite a range! That's cool because it shows how accepting you are. I bet you find many people attractive which means you see beauty everywhere If you don't mind me asking, what made you consider the 22-year-old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
if I'd gone significantly younger at that time, I would've been robbing the cradle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenza View Post
I'm 28 so a younger guy for me would still be a teenager or in his early 20's
Haha it's a good thing you two held back!

Quote:
As they approach their 30s, these womenís looks have faded somewhat, ours is a culture where women 27 and up are not considered in their prime, they have to compete with younger women, and so they may be a bit humbler and easier to deal with than younger ones.
Is that so? And which culture are you referring to?

However, I don't agree with you that looks fade after 30. In my opinion, people just look different. Our skin starts losing tightness, men start balding, we start greying but is that necessarily bad? For example, the loss of skin tightness makes women's breasts droop slightly and I absolutely love that! Some guys even start looking better when their hair becomes grey. Do you think George Clooney would look better if he had the brown/black hair of his youth or the salt and pepper look he has now? Of course, one needs to spend some time on their appearance to look good, but if they do, I don't think any beauty is lost.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:14 AM   #40
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
I almost refused to date my fiancee because of his age (mid-thirties), he is the only younger man I have ever been with.

Then I realized I may need someone to push my wheelchair one day...I smartened up and said ok.

I love this man and am looking forward to the rest of my life with him.

I would say as others have, that it's about the individual and compatibility, as with all successful relationships.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
It's unfortunate that this can still be a controversial issue for some. To find that person you have a special connection with, that spending your life with is absolutely right, and then to pass on that because you can't get yourself comfortable with the fact they're x/y years older or younger than you, it would be a tragedy. A life not lived.

As a guy who never craved kids of my own I'm very glad my fiance overcame her initial hesitation to embrace what we have. Because we're incredible together.
That's really cute
FilterCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:20 AM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterCoffee View Post
That's really cute

One of the best stories on LS, brother. Makes me smile every time I see them talking about each other like that. But I'm an old softie.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:26 AM   #42
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
How old are you?
Nevermind. I asked you in another thread yesterday how old you are and you said early thirties. Revisit this issue when you're in your forties and let us know if you still find women in their forties repulsive .
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:45 AM   #43
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
Nevermind. I asked you in another thread yesterday how old you are and you said early thirties. Revisit this issue when you're in your forties and let us know if you still find women in their forties repulsive .
Judging by the threads heís started, Iím not sure he should be considered the utmost authority on this subject. Or any subject really.

Last edited by CardsFan01; 9th February 2018 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Mistake
Old 9th February 2018, 5:34 PM   #44
Established Member

I'm 49 and just started dating (much) younger guys (26-28) around nine months ago. I am a university professor and the first was a former student - he was around 24 when he was my student, 26 when we got together the first time when he contacted me out of the blue (even after I had failed him in my class!).

We had a great chemistry and a couple of others I have gone out with in the same age range have been great - enthusiastic, fun to talk to and spend time with, great physical chemistry.

People joke about "cougars" but I have actually found that all guys I have met in this age range are definitely the pursuers. So that is nice, too... I don't like "making the moves" and still like the guys to do those things.

That said, I would not consider anyone that age for a serious relationship - these have been more Netflix and chill, cook dinner, go for walks, kind of thing - because we are just at two different places in our lives. But for something light and fun, it has been really nice!

To echo Michelle ma belle - older women do know what they want, they are more sure of themselves, comfortable in their skin and won't suffer nonsense and game playing.
Frogwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 6:14 PM   #45
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogwife View Post
I'm 49 and just started dating (much) younger guys (26-28) around nine months ago. I am a university professor and the first was a former student - he was around 24 when he was my student, 26 when we got together the first time when he contacted me out of the blue (even after I had failed him in my class!).

We had a great chemistry and a couple of others I have gone out with in the same age range have been great - enthusiastic, fun to talk to and spend time with, great physical chemistry.

People joke about "cougars" but I have actually found that all guys I have met in this age range are definitely the pursuers. So that is nice, too... I don't like "making the moves" and still like the guys to do those things.

That said, I would not consider anyone that age for a serious relationship - these have been more Netflix and chill, cook dinner, go for walks, kind of thing - because we are just at two different places in our lives. But for something light and fun, it has been really nice!

To echo Michelle ma belle - older women do know what they want, they are more sure of themselves, comfortable in their skin and won't suffer nonsense and game playing.
Good for you, thatís awesome!