LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

She wants to be ‘intimately exclusive’, but still see other people

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2018, 10:09 PM   #31
Established Member

I think she's going to use you for sex and entertainment, treat you with a lot less respect than you deserve, while actively trying to replace you with a higher status man that she's actually interested in. And when she finds one she'll bang him first and then tell you, hey it's been fun but you've been replaced.

If you were cold and aloof enough to use her the same way without catching feelings it might be fun and convenient temporarily... but that doesn't sound like you. I think you're looking for a real girlfriend, and will likely develop feelings for whomever you're having sex with. At the very least your pride will be hurt and you'll regret allowing yourself to be treated like a doormat by someone whose respect you wished you had. I think you should pass because this isn't going to feel congruent, now or later.
salparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 10:12 PM   #32
Established Member

She's already started the disrespecting! She's been very disrespectful from what I've seen. Suggesting FWB and turning it right back to where you started and being all snotty about it in that text exchange. Ditch her now, OP. Listen to us. If she were the last woman alive I wouldn't be saying this but you can to do way better.

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 1st January 2018 at 10:14 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 10:20 PM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm12345 View Post
If I’m being honest, it only took one date for her to try to invite herself over. I think it’s only a matter of time before she tries this with someone else.
You are probably right. I guarantee she told herself it will be a long time before she commits again and she is going to spend time seeing who she wants and doing what she wants. Right now she should hang out with other men in that same place, and you should find other women who want to be exclusive. I'm sorry it's not working out how you hoped.
LilySun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 1:09 PM   #34
Established Member

I’ve decided to back off, let her text first and pursue other (more local) options. I think it would still be fun to spend time together given our comfort levels and common interests, but I’m not going to seek exclusivity with her anymore.
Sm12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 3:31 PM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
I’ve decided to back off, let her text first and pursue other (more local) options. I think it would still be fun to spend time together given our comfort levels and common interests, but I’m not going to seek exclusivity with her anymore.
I think if things are already this difficult in the very beginning, I would not invest more. Love should not be this difficult in the beginning stages. Things should be smooth, comfortable, mutual and exciting. You are worrying too much and it seems like you're more in it than she is.

Which means, you'll be disappointed in the end.
heavenonearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 3:39 PM   #36
Established Member

That is ridiculous. She will have sex with the next guy that turns her on. She is only human. I was in two "sexually exclusive" relationships and it turned out that I was the only one not having sex with others. She lives far from you so don't waste time on her. Find someone close by that wants what you want.
Old 2nd January 2018, 4:47 PM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
If by fun you mean you are going to enjoy banging her and forget she is seeing githers, then ok.

Make sure you do the same.

I agree with another poster. She is trying to word in in such a way so that you don't bang others, while she does.
joseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 3:36 AM   #38
S2B
Established Member

Quote:
If you see her use protection!
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 3:47 AM   #39
Established Member

Stop with the emails and the questions she just wants to pound, no commitment, no drama! Ride it out and don’t get emotionally invested
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote