Guy at work says "No Girlfriend Now" but sends mixed signals. FWB?

monkey81642

Okay now i am like totally confused........okay i had been going out with this guy for almost a week.....and i really liked him alot and he "supposedly" really liked me........he was like really sweet and in letters he wrote me he told me how much he liked me and how much he missed me when we were apart! Well now he broke up with me? he said its b/c he is still in love with his ex but he only went out with her for 2 weeks.... he says he still really likes me and its hurting him more than it is me but......can i have some advice please

Well, you sound really young, so I'm going to say what I would say to my own girls. Guys are hard to figure out at any age, but when you are young, you are really not sure of what you want. One day it is this, the next day it is that. Don't take it hard. In fact, ignore him, they hate that the most. Act like he really was'nt that big a deal to you, and he will wonder why. If he stays with the other girl, then it was'nt meant to be. Guys are going to come and go, this is all a part of life. And it does'nt change when you get older either. Lifes lessons are not always easy, but they are there wether we like it or not. Don't give your heart away so easy, you only knew him for a week.

• Author

Okay look Ms. M and whoever else who thinks the same.......we only technically went out for a week but we already had like strong feelings for each beforehand, we were like really good friends and had been there for each other when other things had went wrong.......

Don't get so defensive! Ms. M has been around the block ;) and probably knows a few things...When I was in the 8th grade I was really great friends with a guy, similar to what you are talking about. He asked me out, and during that week, he found out that this other girl liked him. On my birthday, of all days, she decides to get into a fist fight with me after school over him. By Monday, I was dumped for this girl. He stayed with her for about a month and I pretended my hardest not to care. I even became friends with her! This is what Ms. M is trying to tell you-if you act like you've moved on and are happy without him, it will intrigue him! He broke up with her, and when I felt ready I got back together with him and we stayed together until the end of my Sophomore year. Since he says he still likes you, give this a try!

• Author

Okay Okay....well anyways we started talking again friday night and we might be getting back together so .........

• 2 months later...
  • Author

Okay I'm like really confused.... Theres this guy that I have known for a couple of weeks now and we both like each other and it is obvious that we both like each other. We both work together at this restaurant. We hold hands and he puts his arms around me and everytime we see each other it brings a smile to our faces. Recently one of his friends, that also works at the same place we do, kept calling me his girlfriend and asking me when i was gonna kiss him, b/c he is too chicken to kiss me.....later on that night after our boss left, it took us forever to finish cleaning b/c he kept coming over and put his arms around me and id tickle him.....well one of my best friends who works there told me that he supposedly said during cleaning that he didnt want a girlfriend right now and wanted to know if i was okay with being "friends with benefits"...........this is like so confusing to me b/c of how he'd act and all and then all that.........also i gave him my phone # but he never called and the next time i saw him he said that someone had thrown it away when he left it on the desk....so i gave it to him again and i saw him put it in his phone but he still hasnt called...............this is like really confusing me b/c he said last week that he was gonna ask me out and now he doesnt want a girlfriend right now supposedly, i dont know what to do.....HELP!!!!!!

"friends with benefits" usually ends up with heartbreak. at least from my point of view and own experience. if you're getting attached to this guy, and all he wants is to be "friends with benefits", then how do you think you'll feel if he meets another girl and DOES want to be her boyfriend.

then again, if you don't really care and are enjoying the ride and want the same thing he does, then go for it :p

i wouldn't close all your doors on other guys tho, know what i mean?

:) take care

~Sarah~

• Author

See another thing is that he said he really likes me and he told people he was gonna ask me out and then this all comes along.........and i remember now about something i overheard in the kitchen last saturday and that was of our assistant manager telling that a relationship was a lot of work and to be sure u were ready for it, i didnt know who she was talking to but he was in the kitchen.........i dont want to be "friends with benefits" with him, i want more and i thought he did too b/c of the way he acted, thats y im confused!!!

• Author

sorry bout that but theres a big difference, he is looking for another job and we are only juniors in high school..............